heads up --- todays the final day to upgrade to windows 10 for free

Author Topic: heads up --- todays the final day to upgrade to windows 10 for free  (Read 3003 times)

It has nothing to do with my computer parts. Windows 10 ran just fine, it's just the fact that it's filled with problems whether you have "good parts" or not. There are things that worked fine on 8 which simply stopped working when I switched to 10.
ok mr. vague

Windows 10 was an absolute disaster for me.

Xbox One Controllers were purposely broken by Microsoft months after the release and were not fixed until 2 months later. The issue was that for about a few days the controller would not register on anything, including the XBox One streaming app that Microsoft purposely made. Once the controller registered, you would have to stay on the game you would be playing, and if you had to quit, you would not be able to replay the game until you restarted your computer. Unplugging the controller would cause the mouse to not be able to click on anything. Spam clicking would cause the mouse to move extremely slowly and would skip across the desktop, making a beeping sound as it moved. At this point, your computer would render useless unless you restart it. May I add turning off the computer in this glitch without a hard reset would cause the computer to go into an endless loop of "Shutting down"

Games that physically worked on Win7 do not work now, i.e. Need For Speed Carbon (Launching the executable showed program popping up in task manager for 5 seconds, using no ram whatsoever, and disappear seconds later. I have not changed hardware since the update.)

I wiped my drives using the system program packaged with Windows 10. Once Windows 10 was reinstalled, I was told my copy of Windows 10 was not genuine. My PC was a prepackaged Gateway, including a genuine copy of Windows 8 Professional. which I  Calling up Microsoft Tech Support was a waste of my time as I was put on hold for an hour before hanging up in frustration. Calling Gateway, they told me that the problem I had was for Microsoft Tech Support.

I have a License CD for Win7 that I plan on using to revert back to Win7 when I have the chance to upgrade from my original PC.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:43:08 PM by Sonic64544 »

Two minutes left guys
Edit:RIP
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:00:47 AM by SubDaWoofer »

Got it first day, have not been disappointed at all.

i have win10 i want to die but honestly when I had win7 i was just as depressed so I think it's not related to operating system how much i want to end my existance

i have win10 i want to die but honestly when I had win7 i was just as depressed so I think it's not related to operating system how much i want to end my existance

Good to know