Author Topic: Bad Installers  (Read 3820 times)

What is V9 gonna do? Make improperly installed add-ons not work? Dear god, I hope so.

v9's add-ons system will be completely rewritten to work with each add-on contained inside its own zip file.

Sweet. Now the problem will be people packaging the stuff wrong.  :cookieMonster:

Badspot

• Administrator
What is V9 gonna do? Make improperly installed add-ons not work? Dear god, I hope so.

v9's add-ons system will be completely rewritten to work with each add-on contained inside its own zip file.

Sweet. Now the problem will be people packaging the stuff wrong.  :cookieMonster:

Yep, but at least fewer people will be involved in that problem. 

Yep, but at least fewer people will be involved in that problem. 
Will our current add-ons have to be redownloaded? I have so many that are probably in the back of the add-ons section right now?

Every last add-on will have to be repackaged I believe. I'm just going to make a script that reads through my old add-on list and execs what is enabled if that will work.

I gots something along the lines of add-ons/add-ons/add-ons/add-ons/Cliant/Shapes/add-ons/add-ons/add-ons/hoverbored/add-ons/add-ons/Stuntplane.dts

V9 should have a system where if you start bl with add-ons in your add-ons folder it says "You failed to install your add-ons correctly. Please fix this problem and try again." then ends blockland.

For now i would like an exe that scans the add-ons folder for add-on folders then deletes any it finds.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 06:22:20 PM by tommybricksetti »

For now i would like an exe that scans the add-ons folder for add-on folders then deletes any it finds.

A .bat will work just as fine

Place this in your blockland folder and run whenever you want to.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9sdwvnzxeyb

EDIT : Feel free to add directories. Just right click the .bat and click Edit.

V9 should have a system where if you start bl with add-ons in your add-ons folder it says "You failed to install your add-ons correctly. Please fix this problem and try again." then ends blockland.

Damnit, V9 requires all add-ons to be in zips. There. Case settled. No more "V9 should have anti noob downloaders!!1" its already there.

I remember an Add-Ons/TRAPS THAT WILL HURT YOU AND THEY WILL MAKE YOU DIE
I have a pic lying around somewhere, lemme go find it.

:cookieMonster:
Why can nobody install my TIE Fighters?!?! I swear that I've downloaded them 40 times.

I got stuck with it too. I'm too lazy to delete it though.....

I got stuck with it too. I'm too lazy to delete it though.....

scooter you can ride on

fully flat shadd UTE

Grand theft auto san andrases

(litteral spelling)

i just found
Add-Ons\flyingcap+information