Author Topic: Windows 10 Anniversary update now requires driver devs to buy a $600 EV cert  (Read 2141 times)

literally pointless money-whoring. No reason in charging that much. You could pay like $100 (one sixth of that, obviously) to have an employee from MS to brown townyze your code for 5 hours to make sure there's nothing malicious and then issue the EV cert.

sounds like another fdti-gate or something similar

microsoft has been pulling this stuff for years now it's not even funny at this point

yet another reason to switch to mac

Or just stick with 8/7. I've been trying to tell you guys switching to 10 is a bad idea.

Sigh, never switch to 10, Microsoft are just making it worse as time goes on. For those on you on Windows 7, just upgrade to Windows 8.1 and install a start menu program like Startisback or Classic Shell. Configure your settings so that you boot to desktop/have it as default (unless you actually use the Metro menu). It works exactly like Windows 7 but has better performance than both 7 and 10 (currently).

so your advice is to escape 1 greedy monopolistic company, and go to an even worse one?

apple has so few software and hardware BECAUSE they pull that stuff.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:51:22 AM by Bisjac »

Another reason to hate windows 10. First my computer kept on getting pop ups asking me to upgrade to Windows 10, then one night it auto upgraded me without me knowing! Now we have this dumbass problem

Another reason to hate windows 10. First my computer kept on getting pop ups asking me to upgrade to Windows 10, then one night it auto upgraded me without me knowing! Now we have this dumbass problem
if you're not a driver developer, then i don't think you'll be majorly affected by this.

if you're not a driver developer, then i don't think you'll be majorly affected by this.
Actually some of your hardware might not get updated drivers anymore if they don't want to pay the fine.

Actually some of your hardware might not get updated drivers anymore if they don't want to pay the fine.
i'm p sure that mainstream companies won't have any issues with this though since they won't have much problem paying for the certification