Just started dating my best friend, how to make it less awkward?

Author Topic: Just started dating my best friend, how to make it less awkward?  (Read 4049 times)

we both like each other and really want this to work out because otherwise we will have to meet people and form new relationships which is something we both hate doing.  We have a crapton in common and are extremely compatible, the only thing is it's kind of awkward because we are such close friends and have been for a long time so it's just weird.  Any tips on getting past this weird phase?

Close friends should stay close friends.

There's a stark difference between girlfriend/boyfriend material and best friend material. i'm sure you're already getting a feel for this considering how awkward you say it is

dont take any offense from this, but you should stop dating them asap or your friendship will die with your relationship
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:20:49 AM by PhantOS »

Don't be, feel the love, atleast be thankful that she didn't Friend Zone you.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:15:27 AM by Filipe »

Smash her right in the ol' behind, you guys will feel way more compatible after that.

just stay chill with each other and don't try too hard to make it like you're dating. let things happen naturally.

If you're not having love with her then it's just going to be awkward 24/7 until one of you break up.

I don't date people if there is no love involved.

Close friends should stay close friends.

There's a stark difference between girlfriend/boyfriend material and best friend material. i'm sure you're already getting a feel for this considering how awkward you say it is

dont take any offense from this, but you should stop dating them asap or your friendship will die with your relationship
You're exactly right

"I'm gonna kill what could be a lifetime relationship so that I can have a girlfriend for a few months"

Merging relationships with anything else ie. business or friendship is a recipe for disaster. when the relationship fails, which it does about 60-70% of the time, you'll lose valuable business, or in the case of friendship, a valuable lifelong relationship

"I'm gonna kill what could be a lifetime relationship so that I can have a girlfriend for a few months"
you can end a relationship on mutual terms yknow. it doesnt always have to end horribly

You're exactly right

Except... what if the plan is for this to be a lifetime relationship?

?!?!?!?

Except... what if the plan is for this to be a lifetime relationship?

?!?!?!?
its a real gamble to meet one person and say 'damn im going to marry this person and live with them forever.' planning to live with a partner forever after the first week of dating is so loving foolish you have to be a tween to conceive of it

I think most relationships start off awkward regardless of who it is. Give it some time and continue to be the bestest of besties.

AND THEN forget