Ghostbusters was a good movie

Author Topic: Ghostbusters was a good movie  (Read 1337 times)

So my mom bought tickets to see it last Friday. I would never have gone on my own and when she mentioned it I was thinking "oh god, it's gonna be horrible."

I'm very critical of movies, and even I think it was good. I'd give it a 6.5/10. It wasn't hilarious by any means, and maybe a third or more of the jokes were so dumb they fell flat, but as a whole it was mildly funny and definitely entertaining as an action movie. 6.5 would be about average for an AAA film imo.

It didn't feel feminist at all, and the female cast felt very natural. However, none of them were funny. Melissa McCarthy is like, the opposite of funny. She makes things less amusing (Except for the movie Spy. It looked terrible but I actually thought it was great.) All of the good humor was situational. There were some really cringy scenes where a certain character would start dancing and lipsyncing.

The one joke I found actually hilarious was when they started to read Youtube comments on a ghost video and the top comment is something like "I DONT WANT NO BITCHES CATCHING MY GHOSTS" clearly mocking some of the loveist comments on the trailers.

So yea, not a great movie by any means, and not hilarious, just a whole lot better than I expected. Tell me if you've seen it, BLF.

id say about the same. it definitely wasn't as bad as i was led to believe. and the visuals where fun to watch as well (even if it was all cg)

i still hold a grudge on it just for the stuff thats been pulled because of it, but i wont deny its not that bad of a movie, and i got some laughs out of it too

it was a halfway decent movie advertised really stufftily from what i've heard

Oh yea, all of the cameos were insanely forced. I cringed during Ozzy Osborn's line and Billy Murry wasn't very good in his role. He looked really depressed or something lol. And the product placement was so forced in your face at all time it was horrible.

I've seen people call it a "Terrible remake" but I'm not one of these people who consider the original Ghostbusters some sort of marvel of cinema. "It came out when I was a kid, so it's a good movie!". Original is a 7.5/10

It was a sub-par movie that relied more on manufactured controversy than actual good writing and directing. The movie may not be as completely horrible as it may appear but sony's shameful marketing tactics alone detracts from the overall quality of the movie.

There's just something stupidly scummy about piggybacking reactionary feminism to draw in a demographic

I'm not one of these people who consider the original Ghostbusters some sort of marvel of cinema. "It came out when I was a kid, so it's a good movie!". Original is a 7.5/10

I'm not going to call it a masterpiece but you should give credit where credit is due. It's an incredibly entertaining film with great writing and a great cast full of chemistry. For it's time, it was a pretty big hit and I can completely understand not wanting the series to be stuff on by a cheap, exploitative reboot

But since Ghostbusters 2 exists, literally all the fans of ghostbusters can't complain about the series being ruined lmfao
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:33:45 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

But since Ghostbusters 2 exists, literally all the fans of ghostbusters can't complain about the series being ruined lmfao
why add salt to the wound tho

It was a sub-par movie that relied more on manufactured controversy than actual good writing and directing. The movie may not be as completely horrible as it may appear but sony's shameful marketing tactics alone detracts from the overall quality of the movie.
Uh...manufactured on controversy? It was advertised through controversy, and other shady tactics, but I doubt that was the original intentional.

I definitely wouldn't call it subpar. I don't know what your standard for a film is, but a subpar AAA film is pretty rare. I do watch a lot of low budget movies so I know what a truly terrible film looks like.

why add salt to the wound tho
ghostbusters two really did suck ass though

my opinion on both the original and the new Ghostbusters is that they are terrible movies

i saw it and i thought it was loving handicapped

I think it's a mixed bag, and the faults of the movie weren't because of the actresses, but behind the camera with the direction and writing. Paul Feig (the director of this new Ghostbusters) can make great comedy but he relied WAY too much on improv, and so a lot of the jokes fall flat because the actors and actresses keep thinly written jokes going on for too long. Because of the poor direction, the movie never finds it's identity and it just becomes a collection of bad jokes.

Also forget Sony.

Why would you watch something like this with your mom?

The whole misogyny bullstuff was actually marketing to get attention.

So turns out alienating your core target audience by calling them loveist woman haters apparently won't make them want to watch your stuff.

Also SJWs don't watch or reward this kind of behavior and won't spend their money to see it because they believe social justice should be everyone's job, not something to be rewarded for.

So ghostbusters forgeted up.

Why would you watch something like this with your mom?
idk about you, but have you ever been to school and heard of a little something called opinion?

Oh yea, all of the cameos were insanely forced. I cringed during Ozzy Osborn's line and

wait what did ozzy have a cameo?