Author Topic: Server_FF_BrickTrail  (Read 3658 times)

Hey this is a simple add-on that has no real purpose or usage besides recreational play.
This is also the first time I've ever released an add-on. If you find any bugs (sorry) I did test this pretty thoroughly though so I think I weeded all the bugs out.

By the way my server is up right now if you wanna come hang out with us!
"FairFax's Brick Trail Spam"

Description.txt
Title: FF_BrickTrail
Author: FairFax (49508)
Version: 1.0
Description:
Leave a trail of spam behind you as you travel around the world!

/TrailStart       Start brick trail
/TrailStop          Stop brick trail
/TrailToggle       Enables/Disables FF_BrickTrail
/TrailStopAll       Stops all trails in the server
/TrailPermission #    Set FF_BrickTrail server permission level #(0 - 4)
/TrailHelp          Display information and usage on FF_BrickTrail

0      Disabled for all
1      Host only
2      SA+ only
3      A+ only
4      Everyone

Download!

Gallery!

Legitimate reviews from credible people in the server:

Code information:
Global variables I used under the FF_ namespace:
$FFBT::PN[0 - 4]
$FFBT::PermissionLevel
$FFBT::PreviousPermissionLevel

Variable name key:
FF = FairFax
BT = BrickTrail
PN = PermissionName
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:40:37 PM by FairFax »

It's pretty cool, and you can draw with it too.

cciamlazy what
haven't seen that name in years

cute addon, would be cool in a survival server if you left bricks as you walked on the ground you're walking, at less often intervals, and scheduled deletion of the bricks after a set amount of time.

cciamlazy what
haven't seen that name in years

cute addon, would be cool in a survival server if you left bricks as you walked on the ground you're walking, at less often intervals, and scheduled deletion of the bricks after a set amount of time.
Yeah, last night someone said something about using this mod for a "bhop" gamemode in Blockland
bhop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgnECvX3nnc

Suggested I add a mode where the bricks are deleted after variable amount of time.
I could do it later maybe?

could you make a pref for whether or not collision is enabled

on this matter, how about something that allows for the bricks to do damage and be replaced by 1x1x5s?

then we can have tron in blockland

Ccciamlazy. Im pretty sure he got banned for backdoors.

Anyways, if this addon does not have backdoors i wonder if you could toggle collision and how thick/big the circle is alongside maybe changing the shape to something like a square.

Rather useless to create FF_chatMessageAll when messageAll(%taggedStr, %msg) already exists though.

Anyways, if this addon does not have backdoors
Confirmed that it has no backdoors.

Yeah, last night someone said something about using this mod for a "bhop" gamemode in Blockland
bhop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgnECvX3nnc

Suggested I add a mode where the bricks are deleted after variable amount of time.
I could do it later maybe?
I made a bunnyhop gamemode last night (yes, it's not impossible. forget you anthony), however there are a few major flaws. A. Strafing is a bit hacky, (just set air control) but if you do it right, you can maintain speed < 15 feet or blocks per second. Oh, and you HAVE to maintain speed below 20 bp/s or else you get slowed down. By a lot. I can attempt to implement this in and give you the results later. Great mod, but there needs to be a way to disable collision for the blocks (maybe by setting scale to 0 0 0)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:07:39 AM by Metario »

Anyways, if this addon does not have backdoors i wonder if you could toggle collision and how thick/big the circle is alongside maybe changing the shape to something like a square.
thats not the actual cciamlazy; one of my friends who i shall leave unnamed took his name with an alt key when he got revoked

I made a bunnyhop gamemode last night (yes, it's not impossible. forget you anthony), however there are a few major flaws. A. Strafing is a bit hacky, (just set air control) but if you do it right, you can maintain speed < 15 feet or blocks per second. Oh, and you HAVE to maintain speed below 20 bp/s or else you get slowed down. By a lot. I can attempt to implement this in and give you the results later. Great mod, but there needs to be a way to disable collision for the blocks (maybe by setting scale to 0 0 0)
you can't set fxdtsbrick scales wtf

just set collision to 0 lol

Yeah I can add that too however it'd act like the autobridge add-on except the bricks dont despawn... Unless I add that timer to delete bricks.

Rather useless to create FF_chatMessageAll when messageAll(%taggedStr, %msg) already exists though.

Confirmed that it has no backdoors.
I didnt know messageAll was a function. I tried looking it up for about 3 minutes and ended up finding a way to loop through all clients on the server. So I decided to just make my own function to send a chat message to all clients. What's the %taggedStr argument?

thats not the actual cciamlazy; one of my friends who i shall leave unnamed took his name with an alt key when he got revoked
I'm pretty sure this is the real cciamlazy. Because I have him added on Steam and I asked him to help test out administration permissions before I released this add-on.
On that note, he was only admin to help test the permissions, not because he earned admin. (Not that my server matters in my server haha)

What's the %taggedStr argument?
Something like this:

messageAll('MsgAdminForce', %client.getPlayerName() @ " has been eliminated!"); - 'MsgAdminForce' is a tag, which plays the same sound when someone gets the auto admin message, so is ''
This also works:
messageAll('', '%1 has been eliminated!', %client.getPlayerName()); - %1 is the replacement for the first argument after the message (can go up to %13 if I remember), '' is normal to use.

You can also use Announce(%message).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:35:52 PM by Kyuande »