Tales of the dark web

Author Topic: Tales of the dark web  (Read 4697 times)

Hey everyone, I know I haven't posted here in a while, so I thought I would just stop on by for a spiff.

Anyway, most of you may know that the dark web is accessed through a third-party program called Tor, which is used as a gateway. Once through, a person is able to browse many sites that sell things from cocaine, to marijuana, and from simple pistols to fully-automatic weapons.

Long story short, has anyone here visited any of these sites, and what is the craziest think you have witnessed while browsing?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:09:37 PM by bejacks »

Anyway, most of you may know that the dark web is accessed through a third-party program called Toronto
I KNEW THE CANADIANS WERE UP TO SOMETHING

I went on a deep web irc and got asked if I like adventure time. I cry myself to sleep every night

The most crazy thing I've seen on the web?
Heh, a meme so dank that mortal eyes will melt just witnessing it...

Jeez Louise sounds spooky, can't wait to see these stories

I KNEW THE CANADIANS WERE UP TO SOMETHING
oops, I guess posting on mobile really isn't a great idea

Edit: fixed

daily reminder the deep web is kinda like the one mission in gta 5 where you blow up mt chilliad with 100 lbs of tnt and die

if you expect super duper scary stuff from the deep web, i'm afraid you're going to be disappointed

most of the drug deals you're offered there are going to be scams or honeypots, same with the hitmen offers you'll find on there. red rooms you may have heard about from creepypastas are either faked/also scams/honeypot, or just that, creepypastas. if anything, scams/honeypots/not interesting covers a massive amount of the deep web, including most if not all of the drug 'deals' that goes on there. the most extreme thing you're going to get on there is probably CP (goes hand-in-hand with the honeypots) or some gore, but you can find normal gore on the internet just as easily.

Most of the "deep web" are networks that that serve pretty mundane purposes(enterprise networks, gov networks etc) the odds of you "stumbling" onto a network that has anything of interest to you ("spoopy stuffs") are slim^17.

don't believe stuff like this;

or stuff that goes on about how scary it must be in the depths of the internet, there's very little of a chance you'll find anything that interests you
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:23:25 PM by Decepticon »

the dwellers of this deep web are undisputed masters of stuffposting

people really exaggerate what is actually on the dark web, most of it is just abandoned forums with very low populations.

people really exaggerate what is actually on the dark web, most of it is just abandoned forums with very low populations.
welcome to the dark web everyone (come back in a few years and this will make sense)

Only thing Ive done on there is order weed a few times and it was a fairly simple and easy process. Very user-friendly so you don't even realize you're shopping on a black market that sells stuff like heroin and weapons of mass destruction.

I've explored tor a little bit and there's really not much to see outside the markets unless you're into kiddie research and actual rape videos.

daily reminder the deep web is kinda like the one mission in gta 5 where you blow up mt chilliad with 100 lbs of tnt and die
What

90% is just scams to get money (bitcoin) without ever being traced/shutdown.
the other 10% is just drugs and research

I've explored tor a little bit and there's really not much to see outside the markets unless you're into kiddie research and actual rape videos.
Oh my god why did I not know about this