Author Topic: [ITEM PACK] Medical  (Read 5090 times)

Medical (v1)

A collection of things that keep you alive!
The pack includes some gauze, a pill bottle, and a medpack.

• This pack uses two items and code from the pill bottle and medpack items already released. Credit to Iban and Bushido.
  • Why release it then? So people have a consistent pack of medical items that they can use on their server in a single .zip file.
  • The third item uses the same code as the medpack but with modified numbers.
  • As always, there's fancy sounds that go with them. The medpack and gauze play a sound during the entire time you're using them, that will stop if you abort the process.
  • Standalone: Pill bottle | Medpack

Gauze
Potential healing: 25hp
Healing time: 2.4 seconds
Click and hold down to use this item. It takes 2.4 seconds to complete, and when you do complete it, you're rewarded with 25 health.

directly off of iban and bushido's items
Pills
Potential healing: 50hp
Healing time: Instant
Click to use this item. You'll pop the pills immediately and get 50 health, however it degrades by 1 health over time.

directly off of iban and bushido's items
Medpack
Potential healing: All health
Healing time: 3.4 seconds
Click and hold down to use this item. It takes 3.4 seconds to complete, and when you do complete it, you're given full health, no matter the playertype.

DOWNLOAD
Item_Medical.zip
1.06mb (wow all them sounds)

CREDITS
Iban and Bushido for 90% of everything. The code is entirely done by them, and the modeling for the pills and medpack are by them. Sounds by me, gauze model by Conan.
Are you pro at coding and have any ideas on how to improve the script? I may have made a mistake in the difficult copypasting process. If there's any improvements I can make, anything I can cut, etc. just tell me.

Could you make like a med-bag that heals in a radius? For team heals.

I can look into making that a secondary function of the medpack.

Make all have a right click function that heals players

Make all have a right click function that heals players
That is exactly what I was about to say.

Make a Yum Heart from The Binding of Isaac

I'd download these, but I don't have a prescription :(

I'd download these, but I don't have a prescription :(
i can pillscribe you medication to help fix your low medical addons issue

Fix the bug in the pill that lets you drop it, walk over it to heal, and then walk over it again to pick it up.

Fix the bug in the pill that lets you drop it, walk over it to heal, and then walk over it again to pick it up.
I haven't been able to recreate this in-game, I was trying to see what was all doing that.
Are you sure it's not because of a conflicting add-on or is it something in the code you saw that you suspect does that?

the pill's deterioration effect doesn't seem to update until you get hurt again or until you sprint with the sports playertype or your cinematic one, which is kinda annoying if you have a health bar