Author Topic: Foods you can eat for a while  (Read 881 times)

Having a one hour lunch break really cuts me short on time for something to eat for lunch. I've been living off of turkey and cheese sandwiches once a day for like two monthsmy breakfasts and dinners aren't as monotonous as my lunches are. I need to spice up my lunches if ya know what I mean ;] what else can I make that will last at least a week if not more?

try different bread / things on your sandwich. maybe put vegetables on your sandwich.

add a fruit

you get a one hour lunch break? mines 10 - 20 minutes holy stuff

Peanut butter and cucumbers.

You get a 20 minute lunch break? Holy stuff, mine is 30 seconds!

try different bread / things on your sandwich. maybe put vegetables on your sandwich.

add a fruit
Eh trying to figure something out that's not sandwich related. Maybe soup or rice something. I might stock up on some fruit though. 
I have a 8-9 hour shifts so by Kansas law or whatever it's mandatory to get an hour break. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eh trying to figure something out that's not sandwich related. Maybe soup or rice something. I might stock up on some fruit though.
knorr rice sides are great
might want to add something to them though

I have a 8-9 hour shifts so by Kansas law or whatever it's mandatory to get an hour break. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dam thats nice
I have 6-8 hour shifts and i get one 10-20 break where i literally have to cross the state border on foot just to get food

tree bark

Canned tuna, saltine crackers, any kinda fruit, bits of cooked chicken, rice cooked any way really, carrots, popcorn, pretzels, celery, nuts, cherry tomatoes. You could probably take those things of salami and just eat the slices lmao. If you have one of those thermal package-able flask things you could put tomato soup, even chicken noodle soup. Speaking of noodles if you have access to hot water you could take those noodle cup things probably. Sandwiches are your best bet but I totally understand getting burnt out on sandwiches lol.

Order a bunch of MRE's and whip them out at work and make everyone think you're crazy. Doubles as a back-up for the nuclear apocalypse.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:35:12 AM by Rally »

9 Weet-Bix without milk.

Salads

Soup is easy to make and given you know a thing or two about making stocks you can make a few really good and different soups

Sandwiches are really the versatility king when it come to lunch, but you can try other things like pitas and wraps, which usually provide a different flavour or allow you to put different things in

Pastas with different sauces work too, you can even make pasta salad

I could live off of tacos / vienna sausages (smoked / bbq flavour with the liquids drained, and bbq sauce poured in) for ages if I wanted to

plus they're pretty cheap

chicken, pot of rice, pot of chili, basically anything in a big pot.