Author Topic: Melee Shotgun  (Read 3920 times)

Melee Shotgun
Normal shotgun, right click for melee attack

Features:
  • 10 bullets per shot, 15 damage per bullet
  • Melee attack does 10 damage per hit from 10 units or closer
  • Custom CI and damage types for both the bullets and the melee attack (Top is bullets, bottom is melee)

Download
Dropbox
v1 (128.21 KB)

This type of thing would fit a sniper rifle more, the whole point of shotguns is to deal high damage from close quarters. Plus, the melee damage is terrible.

Great model, however I would increase the melee damage a lot since it's useless if a normal blockhead has 100 hp and it deals nearly the same damage as bullet does which isn't that much.

Great model, however I would increase the melee damage a lot since it's useless if a normal blockhead has 100 hp and it deals nearly the same damage as bullet does which isn't that much.
Yeah I would recommend increasing it to 50 or something.

This type of thing would fit a sniper rifle more, the whole point of shotguns is to deal high damage from close quarters. Plus, the melee damage is terrible.
This wasn't my idea, it was requested by someone.
What do you mean it's "terrible"?
That's kind of insulting.

This wasn't my idea, it was requested by someone.
What do you mean it's "terrible"?
That's kind of insulting.

cool it, he literally means that the melee attack is stuffty and not worth using

like im looking at the .cs right now, it doesn't do knockback and you can use it every like half a second, 500ms

but the shotgun itself reloads in like 750ms and does instant kill damage so why would you ever just wait the extra quarter second

actually i just playtested it now it doesnt seem like the melee attack is coming out at all

cool it, he literally means that the melee attack is stuffty and not worth using

like im looking at the .cs right now, it doesn't do knockback and you can use it every like half a second, 500ms

but the shotgun itself reloads in like 750ms and does instant kill damage so why would you ever just wait the extra quarter second

actually i just playtested it now it doesnt seem like the melee attack is coming out at all
I'll fix all of this when I get home. It does what it was requested to do.

For the melee to work, you have to be in a minigame and it has to be the same minigame as the player that you're attacking.

Anything else I should do?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:19:56 AM by Cruxeis »

For the melee to work, you have to be in a minigame and it has to be the same minigame as the player that you're attacking.

Code: [Select]
%result = ContainerRayCast(%start, %end, $TypeMasks::PlayerObjectType, %obj);
the actual problem is that you're not looking for bots, which is what i was testing the attack on. incidentally the raycast also doesnt detect vehicles (which the melee would be even more useless on anyway) or bricks (so you can't have a hit fx when you hit the ground)

beyond that the sound is just the default gun, there's no sound for swinging your melee and there's no sound for a melee connecting

for all intents and purposes this is just ephialtes' shotgun with more projectiles, down to the fact that if you get hit by every shot you shoot directly vertically up into space

the actual problem is that you're not looking for bots, which is what i was testing the attack on. incidentally the raycast also doesnt detect vehicles (which the melee would be even more useless on anyway) or bricks (so you can't have a hit fx when you hit the ground)

beyond that the sound is just the default gun, there's no sound for swinging your melee and there's no sound for a melee connecting

for all intents and purposes this is just ephialtes' shotgun with more projectiles, down to the fact that if you get hit by every shot you shoot directly vertically up into space
So it needs to work on more things and not be as generic, basically?

Well I guess the melee has one purpose. Being able to hit players through bricks and vehicles.

Well I guess the melee has one purpose. Being able to hit players through bricks and vehicles.
Can you explain this please and actually be helpful, instead of being passive aggressive? I'm still trying to learn.