Windows 10 Anniversary Update: More like a divorce!

Author Topic: Windows 10 Anniversary Update: More like a divorce!  (Read 2133 times)

The anniversary update for windows 10 is 1 step foward, one thousand miles backwards.

First off, the advantages.

Browsing the all apps screen is better now. The Options menu is now optimized for the general screen, not gigantic 4k surround setups. I guess it has less bugs than Windows ME or Vista. The lock screen background finally works.

Now... The disadvantages.

Nothing wrong right? WRONG. First off, cortana is now enabled, i will get to that later. But also i removed Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Store before.

They broke the windows 7-esque start menu. Its too small for the menu its on and wont even show anything. Only app view works. No wonder classic shell is hidden.

Oh and cortana is not able to be disabled unless poking into the registry. So i had to go to the registry to fix the problem, right?

Oh wait, THEY HID THE FOLDER FOR WINDOWS SEARCH CONTAINING CORTANA THAT ALSO CREATES AN OBVIOUS BACKDOOR FOR VIRUSES TO REMAIN HIDDEN..

(Go in a new tab to see the text way more clearly)

Atleast registry files can access it and cortana s'registry settings are still there.

TL'DR, New Experiences of Frustration and Developer Opportunities to fix this stuff.

i must not have the update yet cuz my computer is still just fine lol

Oh wait, THEY HID THE FOLDER FOR WINDOWS SEARCH CONTAINING CORTANA THAT ALSO CREATES AN OBVIOUS BACKDOOR FOR VIRUSES TO REMAIN HIDDEN..
are you sure you haven't just enabled the show all files options

are you sure you haven't just enabled the show all files options

does that work on the registry editor?

I don't have Cortana enabled after updating, removing Edge and Store from your taskbar is easy and not even worth complaining about, and I'm not a fan of the new start menu but I can deal with it if it means I get a clock on both monitors and I can finally completely remove the live tiles portion of the start menu.

ugh why isn't the clock at the end of the taskbar anymore this makes me uncomfortable

cortana is still disabled for me so im not sure what your problem is, maybe its because im on the pro version idk (i dont have ads so that article detailing how pro would have ads was bullstuff)

i dont exactly have any complaints yet besides the clock not being at the end of the taskbar and the new start menu and im already getting used to those so it just seems like your complaining about petty things

They changed how some icons work so now some icons are really artifacted. Mostly from older games.

They changed how some icons work so now some icons are really artifacted. Mostly from older games.

Oh no. They don't have legacy support for some random game's icons from 10 to 20 years ago. Clearly this is a cardinal loving sin.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:54:42 PM by Blocky943 »

If you hate cortana so much, then why didn't you just disable it when the system first asked you?
In terms of windows 10, sure it can be confusing at first, but you'll get used to it.

I stopped using windows 10 because it was loving up and causing disk usage to go to 100% constantly as well as crashing multiple times and freezing for several minutes.

even after I downgraded it forgeted up a bunch of things still (keyboard drivers were completely forgeted until I edited it in the registry)

so it just seems like your complaining about petty things
change is bad win10 is evil

Haven't gotten it yet, and I can't find a way to actually disable winblows update.

EDIT:

found a way, hah.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:16:09 PM by Steve5451² »

i dont understand OP's point. i have had windows 10 since the start of june, and i find it basically the same, albeit a crappy start menu. I think its a /you/ problem more than anything else. I have cortana off so yeah i probably am missing some of it but whatever.