Author Topic: real talk: memes are stuff and everyone knows it  (Read 657 times)

lately, memes have been getting out of hand (from what I've seen). stuff like the harambe memes aren't even funny, especially when it's an excuse for irony. certain comedy dies out after a period of time, but the internet seems to think it's hilarious. even the triggered memes that h3h3 made popular aren't funny. I just wanted to ask the blf if anybody feels the same way.

How dare you call Harambe a meme!

most people know memes are stuff and just use them ironically or for a quick gag.
it's not doing any harm in small doses or in the right scenario.

EDIT: nevermind I'm blind

harmabe is not a meme he is a tragedy

if the harambe meme didnt exist than Harambe would've just faded into obscurity, even if you stuffpost ironically someone out there is gonna think that your being serious and then it starts a chain of more people thinking people actaully want "justice for harambe". if harambe was alive and didnt know it was all ironic stuffposts he probably would be very happy. richards out.

so the memes you've posted are classier somehow or?

real talk is my brand, and you've taken it without even asking permission from me...............

memes are funny when they're sudden or ironic. that's the quality of a good meme, irony and slapstick humor.

lately, or actually, ever since 2014 memes have transitioned into something that parallels this differently, mainly toilet humor and unstructured rehashed jokes. i think it's because meme's have reached people who have no idea what the internet really is. they see it as a way to transition, but it's the wrong transition.

e.g anyone who has ever used "succ". That is not a meme, it's a stuff.

e.g anyone who has ever used "succ". That is not a meme, it's a stuff.

then succ is a pretty good stuff