Author Topic: Blockland not saving all bricks in other servers  (Read 805 times)

So I wanted to save a build from other server to explore it myself

It was about 130k bricks, but when I load it in my server, only 6000 bricks appear as saved? (it appears like 5700/6000 bricks (because i dont have all the addons))
I thought it was the other server being conflicted or something idk

but then I went to somebody else's server to save bricks (about 75900 bricks)
I load it in my server but only 75100 bricks appear as saved (73k loaded bcus of addons)

Then I went to a 3rd server, saved (56k bricks)
but when loading it, only 49k bricks saved (48k loaded, addons again)

Why is blockland not saving all the bricks? btw I loaded them in LAN and in Internet and the same still happens

I hope I did the console thing correct

I post in case the error is in any conflicting addon7

explore the whole map and bricks and make sure they're in view distance, and then save

reasoning:
when in the server, you need to load the bricks from the server before you can save them
to load the bricks, go and view them, and they will be loaded until you leave the server
the server will only send you the data of bricks nearby you, since you only need to know about those

also note that while saving the bricks, it does not query the server for the save file, it does it all client sidedly
only events are queried from the server

I never thought ghosting affected saving

well damn thanks, at least i know my game is not screwed up

if you're the host of the server (non-dedicated server) then you'll always save all of the bricks, since the host already has the full build loaded
clients only load (ghost) as they need to, which lowers loading times

if you're the host of the server (non-dedicated server) then you'll always save all of the bricks, since the host already has the full build loaded

That's not true, ghosting is also used for the local client - just not over the network

That's not true, ghosting is also used for the local client - just not over the network
I thought the host would have the whole world loaded and able to be saved?
I've only heard of saving being an issue for other users and hosts of dedicated servers

Try to host non-dedicated and have someone make a build far far away.