I just woke up to bury a chicken.

Author Topic: I just woke up to bury a chicken.  (Read 1217 times)

Earlier this morning when my mom went to check on the chickens we have out back she found one of out founding members dead. Puddles was an old man so I'm not surprised he kicked the bucket but I am sad he's gone.

So I just had to wake up and bury him a hole, a little bigger than the others we've buried because Puddles was the William Taft of our coop.

RIP Puddles 2012-2016, from chick to rooster.

if he was so fat why didn't you eat him?

Old and he would have been as tough as boot leather to eat, plus he only appeared fat his body was relatively small, I just nicknamed him William Taft.

You don't normally eat animals who die suddenly. It means they weren't healthy and at the very least they might not taste great, and at worst they may have an infection or tumour or growths.

General rule of thumb is to only eat animals that were killed, and preferably only if you know how they were killed.

Chickens are practically the only animal that breaks that rule. I personally no longer have chickens but my neighbors tell me that nothing happens if you eat it anyways.

I had to bury a horse b4

ya

I had to bury a horse b4

ya
my dog was about the size of a human, so that was a fun hole to dig

He is the only chicken we have that has died of age so far.

When i read the title, I thought you just woke up, got a KFC drumstick and just stuck it in the ground.

i know how u feel man

the last of the four chickens we first had died last year, got them somewhere around 2008 - 2009

my dog was about the size of a human, so that was a fun hole to dig
That was not a dog. It was probably actually a giant ferret you mistook for a dog.

That was not a dog. It was probably actually a giant ferret you mistook for a dog.