Author Topic: Planet Londo: science fiction frontier  (Read 3879 times)

Planet Londo

Information & Server

Planet Londo attempts to fill a niche in Blockland not quite explored to its fullest: adventure. This map is set on an alien world with dangerous wildlife, spooky caves, and competing species. Players can complete quests to unlock weapons and areas, explore foreign biomes, and role play as they see fit. Many objects can be interacted with, all bots either have dialogue or a quest, and terrain is built by hand. Approximately 46,000 bricks.

Expect Planet Londo to be hosted a lot for the rest of the month and (hopefully) frequently even after school begins. Host will be Mega Bear. Players are encouraged to do whatever they want in this map, whether that means doing the quests and killing aliens or staying in the safety of the colony for role play.

>> Server page <<

Gallery

Downloads

Required Add-ons
Londo Weaponset by Jeprimer
Glowstick by Jeprimer
Output Event - addItem by Zack0Wack0
Variable and Conditional Events by Chrono and Destiny, provided by Zack0Wack0 (use the link on Destiny's Page)
AI Mutalid by Hydralisk and ArmyUnit
Zombie Tank Bot by Rotondo and Megaguy2
Events Set - Item Saving by Zack0Wack0
Trueno's Colorest (recommended)

Download Planet Londo (2 MB)

Help

• Some quests are difficult. If you have to kill a boss, team up with friends.
• If you need to find an item, look in unexpected areas like the ceiling, narrow spaces, corners, even in enemy territory.
• When hosting Planet Londo, bot respawn times should be at least 60 seconds.
Dying loses all your progress on quests, and you have to talk to the bot to get a quest again. Talking to the quest-giver also resets your quest.
• You can recover items by talking to the bots who give them.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:26:02 PM by Mega-Bear »

Server is up right now and will be all day!

>> Server page <<

Looks awesome, definitely going to play when I get on. Blockland really needs more adventure games.

Edit: Was really fun, might be a bit difficult to get into, but once you do you could play for hours. Map is beautiful and the different locations are unique and very alien. Loved it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:08:40 AM by Blockhead31735 »

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 09:33:40 AM by cooolguy32 »

Holy cow! Just closed the server, and what a turn out. The server got over 100 unique IDs today, and at many points was full. A handful of players were able to beat Planet Londo too. Good reception over all. I hovered over my laptop for nine and a half hours debugging bad events and helping players through tough quests so forgive me if the server closed before you could play; it will be back up eventually.

To anybody who downloaded: you will want to reinstall the BLS file for Planet Londo, and download all the required add-ons. Today was spent fixing bad quests and modifying the map for better gameplay. I also forgot to list a few add-ons this morning... oops. All should be working now.

Holy stuff I can't wait to play this

Hello folks, the server really hasn't been up since the debut as a result of school.  It's up right now though, with a few features players complained about corrected. The Londite village now has three hostiles defending it instead of five, which should take some of the edge off. There are also stands where players can save and load their inventory instead of amassing a new collection when they die. I also added in Jeprimer's mole weapons.

>> Server page <<

edit: server is down.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:23:10 PM by Mega-Bear »

just found out this existed and holy stuff this looks amazing

will it be hosted anytime soon or are we better off trying to host it ourselves?

just found out this existed and holy stuff this looks amazing

will it be hosted anytime soon or are we better off trying to host it ourselves?

Yes, sadly I'm very busy these days with university and the hordes of women I'm banging there, and also homework. I don't know when I'll have time to give Londo the attention it deserves. Maybe weekends? We'll see... who knows. I encourage people to host it though. It was built specifically so others could have fun.

edit ahahaha ok lets try it. im hosting now and I'll try to saturday and sunday as well. anybody who has downloaded the Planet Londo BLS should re-download and add Events Set - Item Saving by Zack0Wack0 to their add-ons folder. this way there are stations at every colonist base where you can save and load your inventory!! yay

smash dat BLUE ASS server page button REAL BLOCKHEAD HOURS join the server if u up :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:31:46 PM by Mega-Bear »