[BLOGLAND] I got pushed over the edge today

Author Topic: [BLOGLAND] I got pushed over the edge today  (Read 1925 times)

My family is basically a joke at this point. My mom hates me, my dad wants to keep away from me right now, so the only person I've got around that I can really trust is my sister.

Basically I got into a huge argument with my mom over my sister and how my mom was treating her. My sister has acne, and it's getting pretty bad, so my ever so intelligent mom decides to put some random fruits and vegetables in the blender and make a juice/smoothie and make my sister drink it. After like an hour, my sister can't drink it and keeps gagging/vomiting it out.

At this point my mom is borderline emotionally abusing my sister, saying she'll take away everything if she doesn't drink it. I know she has her reasons for making her drink it, but this was just stupid. My sister refused/couldn't drink it, my mom was being a total bitch.

It got to the point where my mom gave up, my dad just made things worse to the point where my sister was a blubbering mess, and I was pissed off since I don't like seeing her like that, so I got angry and started to hit things in my room, and act stupid. I then tried explaining to my mom that there were other ways to treat acne than giving my sister some disgusting ass green "smoothie" but my mom wasn't having any of it and was being a smartass bitch.

She goes to my sister's room, who's still crying, and hits her. That's what sent me over the edge. I get physical with my mom, pushing her away, calling her a crazy bitch. I wasn't going to hit her, and the temporary power trip I get is diminished quickly when I realized what I had done, which is threaten my mom. Mom mom tells my dad that I was going to hit her, my dad actually acts rationally and tries to be the mediator, but my mom is having none of it and tells me she raised me wrong, and that she raised a total miscreant starfish, to which I reply that I hate her and she says she hates me back.

So yeah, here I am posting this stuff on BLF, yeah, I really forgeted up but she was being an irrational bitch and emotionally abusing my sister. After years of the same stuff I got tired and lashed out

TL;DR My mom was being a bitch, I acted irrationally, we ended up fighting and now we hate each other over disagreements on how my sister's acne should be treated

i still think adults should take tests or something at least before becoming parents
ot: that sucks ass, but that was a brave thing you did intervening. hope she gets her stuff together

tbh I would've reacted the same way if I had an starfish mom who started to treat my sis like ass

She should get her stuff together, you don't treat your kids like that.

call the police
btw this is actually a valid option if your mom really has been such an starfish thoughout the years

btw this is actually a valid option if your mom really has been such an starfish thoughout the years

At best she'll get a night in jail. Source: my mom beat me my entire childhood

not unless she keeps doing it / there are any witnesses that'll back you up

aka his sis or dad or close relatives or friends

My mom has been an starfish throughout the years, but it wasn't this bad. And she would always end up apologizing, apologies I thought were heartfelt, but after so many apologies and the same stuff, I'm starting to doubt they were sincere. I just hope this all passes and everything can go back to normal

I'll admit I did inflame the situation with my actions, but I did it because I hated seeing my sister cry

That sucks dude, I'm sorry to hear, most of the abuse I've had was emotional, AKA making me feel like a total waste, making me want to kill myself (but there were external reasons for that as well), demeaning me, the only time things would get physical is when I actually deserved it
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:41:21 PM by Biostorm »

I admire how your dad was acting rational later in the situation, but I'm still not sure why your mom didn't want to use another option and had to force your sister to drink it. She really did go crazy and overreact with this one, which was completely unnecessary in my opinion.  

I just hope this all passes and everything can go back to normal
This should happen soon. From personal experience, I know that these situations will blow over in less than a week. Yet again, that's just from my own experience, so I'm not sure if it will apply to yours.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:42:23 PM by The Red Spartan »

I admire how your dad was acting rational later in the situation, but I'm still not sure why your mom didn't want to use another option and had to force your sister to drink it. She really did go crazy and overreact with this one, which was completely unnecessary in my opinion.  

You don't have to answer this, but has this kind of scenario ever happened in the past?
Nah, most of it has been my parents giving me hour long lectures for getting a 'C' on my report card, sometimes things escalated to where my mom threatened to divorce my dad, and she blamed it on me, which made me feel like absolute stuff.

I know families can't be perfect, but I really don't know if our case is just extra stuffty or whether we have it good, since I hear a lot of families go through more stuff, and end up getting separated and stuff

not unless she keeps doing it / there are any witnesses that'll back you up

aka his sis or dad or close relatives or friends

The problem is proving she's physical if she leaves no marks.
I wouldn't suggest actually taking legal action unless that sort of thing is common though. imo OP you did the right thing getting between them after she was physical, even if it hurt your relationship with her it sure hurt your mother and sister's as well.

tbh I would've reacted the same way if I had an starfish mom who started to treat my sis like ass

-snip-
I'm so sorry to hear that your mom blamed that on you. I mean, sure I've been threatened before, but never /that/ far.

Well, this kind of situation has happened to me and my brother before, but without the physical parts. I do know other kids who had to go through worse with their family, so you are not alone with this.

What kind of parents do you even have?
I'm feel so sorry for you. I hope things get better.

She goes to my sister's room, who's still crying, and hits her. That's what sent me over the edge. I get physical with my mom, pushing her away, calling her a crazy bitch. I wasn't going to hit her, and the temporary power trip I get is diminished quickly when I realized what I had done, which is threaten my mom. Mom mom tells my dad that I was going to hit her, my dad actually acts rationally and tries to be the mediator, but my mom is having none of it and tells me she raised me wrong, and that she raised a total miscreant starfish, to which I reply that I hate her and she says she hates me back.

I would've done the samething.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:55:17 PM by cooolguy32 »