Author Topic: computer starting up itself right after being shut down  (Read 1765 times)

/title

i tried multiple fixes but none of them works

computer specs
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:01:29 AM by 77x5ghost2 »

Are you getting blue screens?

That's how it usually happens with my Windows 7 (it was fixed entirely though).

Are you getting blue screens?

That's how it usually happens with my Windows 7 (it was fixed entirely though).
there aren't any blue screens or anything
it just shuts off like it supposed to do

Maybe it's doing updates? I'm not 100% sure.

To be fair I never used a Windows 10, what I mean is it probably updates in a weird way. I'm certain I'm wrong, but I'm just trying to help.

call a priest, you have a cyber ghost and it needs to keep your computer on to stay alive.

Maybe it's doing updates? I'm not 100% sure.
nope
i already checked

It happens to me too a few times here and there. I click the shut down button, and I know for a fact that I hit "shut down" because it's in the middle and the only button with two words, the others being "sleep" and "reset", yet it will suddenly turn back on after fully turning off. Not sure why. I've never had it do it twice in a row, shutting down again will leave it off.

Happened to me in two opportunities:
1) Disconnect everything from the power strip except your PC and your monitor. It could be overloaded and the internal breaker must've disconnected.
2) Try replacing your PSU or removing unneeded peripherals from your PC including any kind of graphics card.

Whenever my computer does this, I just unplug it for the night.

You could try opening up command prompt and typing in powercfg -lastwake and see if that gives you any useful information. Probably wont if it's booting after being shut down but might as well try lol

You could also chrck the system logs for errors regarding kernel power.

Go into the BIOS and look for a setting called 'Wake on LAN' or something similar and disable it if it's enabled. You could also try unhooking the power button in case it's shorted or something.

Go into the BIOS and look for a setting called 'Wake on LAN' or something similar and disable it if it's enabled. You could also try unhooking the power button in case it's shorted or something.
I don't have that option on my bios

You could also chrck the system logs for errors regarding kernel power.

i checked the event viewer and i don't see any errors about kernel power
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:27:14 AM by 77x5ghost2 »

same thing happened to me and what was causing it was some intel program but i forgot what it was called. i recently wiped my hdd and i didnt install any of the extra processor programs so i forgot what it was called. put your drivers disk that came with your processor and see what programs are on it (assuming u built your pc yourself)