Author Topic: | Simon Says - Revival Project | simon says we're not dead  (Read 6162 times)

Simon Says
Revival Project
Hey Blockland,

Some of you might remember my Simon Says server from 2013-2014. The server was extremely popular back in the day although the map had lots of issues and was way too small for the mass amount of players who played. I have made several attempts to completely redo the server with larger games and a better spawn, however none of those attempts were ever fully finished and never really got hosted. That changes today.

The entire server has been redone for new games, a new spawn, and tons of improvements for everyone to enjoy. Introducing Simon Says, the revival project. The goal for this project is to bring the server back to it's former glory. I hope you guys enjoy this.

Pictures
(Hover over the images to see what they are)

What's New?
+ Completely redone map.
+ New "coins" system. Earn coins by playing games and activities to spend in the shop!
+ New parkour challenge at spawn. Earn 1 coin each time you complete it!
+ New VIP system. (currently does nothing except fancy tag and other stuff, sorry)
+ New games:
   + Tricky Platforms (replaces 4square)
   + Falling Platforms
   + Cubes
   + ...and more coming soon!
+ New shop and perks to purchase in it!
   + CHOCOLATE FISH - Includes chocolate for healing, and you can right click to speed boost, to "swim away quickly." 10 coins.
   + Roadrunner - Meep meep! Increases your walk speed. Free hamburger for healing. 10 coins.
   + Fatman - "Slightly" larger player, stocked with food for healing. 15 coins.
   + Total Boss Jr. - Comes with invisibility watch to trick Simon! Parachute included to fall in style. 20 coins.
Disclaimer regarding shop items - The shop items only last until you die and have to be purchased again after you lose them. This is because shop items aren't intended for every-round use. Any suggestions for the shop are welcome as long as you include links to the add-ons required for them. Thanks.

Server Status
To keep the server fresh and fun, it will only be hosted on select nights and is not 24/7. I'll be posting on the topic a few hours before I host, so keep checking here to find out when the server is open.
NEXT SERVER HOSTING: TBA

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:00:48 PM by Blake1Studios »

News:
Thanks for playing!
Thanks everyone who played tonight! We hosted for around 4 hours and everyone had a complete blast.

We kept track of everyone's scores and here are our top 3 from tonight:

1) FreeOwn - 118 points
2) Sonokido - 84 points
3) 12345-Android-Junk-Yard - 67 points

Anyways we hit 16+ people for around 3 hours straight which was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who played tonight, we'll see you again in a few nights. :)
Updates:
Last night was extremely successful for our first night. We held around 20 players for about an hour and a half. Although because it's been a while since this game was worked on, there were quite a few bugs and issues that needed our attention. The build team has worked hard on the server all last night and this morning to fix these issues! After hosting last night, we've made some improvements to the game. Here's a list of everything that has been changed.
  • We are testing a new way for detecting when there's a winner! Rather than Simon having to manually click when there's a winner, the map will now check for when there's less than 1 player in the arena, and if there is it will remove all the buttons until Simon clicks the winner button. This new system is currently being tested in the Tricky Platforms map and will be added to the rest after testing.
  • Removed VIP-exclusive shop items.
  • Removed the "Lime" color from the Tricky Platforms map. Players were getting the lime and green colors mixed up. We've replaced Lime with Pink on this map from now on.
  • Fixed bug where players would get stuck in the teleporter and spam the chat.
  • Several other bug fixes, exploit fixes, and other tweaks have been made to the game as well.

The server will be hosted again tonight and hopefully should run a lot smoother and should be a lot more fun than last night. We apologize to anyone who was disappointed because of the bugs last night and we ask that you give the games another shot tonight. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:03:12 PM by Blake1Studios »

~~~~||| _-_ ~||~ Reserved ~||~ _-_ ||| ~~~~
i remember asking you to rehost this :^)

Osht. it's been 2 years since this was hosted? It doesn't feel like that long ago.
I hope that the server will be as popular as it once was in it's glory?
Also, can I get you on steam again?

Osht. it's been 2 years since this was hosted? It doesn't feel like that long ago.
I hope that the server will be as popular as it once was in it's glory?
Also, can I get you on steam again?
Yeah I was finding the old topic and I nearly fell out of my chair after seeing the date.
also yea ill add you on steam

You should really do that Simon Says Bot Hunt minigame I thought of.

Oh forget can't wait

remember blockland convention

wow i was just working on something similar...

Server is open for a hour or so. Come play!

Great job, this looks awesome! I'll definitely check it out :)

great server, huge parts of the maps are blocked off because you need "VIP" and you need to sponsor the server
you also need VIP to get some stuff from the shop as well
lets also not forget how the gamemode breaks every couple rounds

great server, huge parts of the maps are blocked off because you need "VIP" and you need to sponsor the server
you also need VIP to get some stuff from the shop as well
lets also not forget how the gamemode breaks every couple rounds
First up let's take a look at your ban reason,
Code: [Select]
Blake1Studios 45718 Amir 36590 -ip- Causing problems / exploiting map / being a troll 16 338326
You were constantly bothering me about useless things that didn't need to be fixed, then proceeded to exploit the map, while trolling the entire server about "buying VIP" and to go to our "forum topic to buy VIP and sponsor the server"

You have no room to talk here.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:02:34 PM by Blake1Studios »

i have no room to talk? i didn't exploit the map once, i was able to just walk into those areas that are "VIP ONLY!"
why the hell did you even bother making a server if most players can't even explore the map you made because they need VIP