Author Topic: Sounds not coming up in events  (Read 860 times)

Before you guys say anything, know that I DID covert them all to wav files via audacity and I DID go to the cs file to make sure they had a datablock. I was trying to put some Overwatch sounds in Blockland via the TF2_Soldier sound pack. I've gotten many sound files to work that way, but for some reason, NONE of the Overwatch files I've put into it are working. They won't even come up in the events. I checked the file names to make sure there were no spaces, checked the cs file to make sure I hadn't missed a semi-colon or something, even checked to make sure I made them wav's, but they just won't work.

I compared them to files I have gotten to work and noticed that the Overwatch sounds were way larger byte-wise, so I thought, "Maybe they're just too high quality?", but some of the TF2 Soldier sounds were also high in bytes but worked fine. So that's not it. Also, for some reason, ONE of my Overwatch sounds appeared in the events in-game, but the sound won't play. I checked it's stats and noticed that it was one of the largest files out of the group. I compared it with other files and other than the size and hertz, it was no different. It just won't play.

So, I'm desperate. And confused. Why aren't these sounds working? Here, if you want, you can try one of the sounds yourself and see if YOU can get it to work. I'm gonna try one more test. I'll delete one of the sounds I KNOW works both in the file and the cs, and then re-implement it fully. Or I'll just take an original file that works and re-name it before implementing it again. One way or another, I'm getting these sounds to work. I've spent all day working on this. So please, help a brotha' out?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1IXSaO0SqeVX0FLaVRyQXRUUkU

Oh, wow....hold up dudes i just realized the step I missed in the CS. I'll get back to ya'll and see if it changes anything.

Ok, got ONE sound to work. The one I edited to operate at less than 48000 hertz. I'm guessing Blockland can't play sounds at 48000 hertz huh?

That shouldn't matter. Make sure the audio is mono.

That shouldn't matter. Make sure the audio is mono.

Yup, I made them all mono as well. Still not working. Also, the sounds I edited to play at 22050 are working while anything above isn't. I didn't think it mattered either, but apparently, it does. Kind of irritating.

Yep, I just checked and tested to make sure. Hertz does matter for some reason. At least with the sounds I'm using. All of the Tf2 Soldier sounds operate at 41000 hertz just fine, but the Overwatch sounds won't work unless I make them 22050 hertz.

it may also depend on the filesize
so increasing the data it has may be putting it over

pretty sure the filesize limit is fairly large in comparison to how long sounds are
but for music it does become an issue for long tracks, so reducing the hz helps to have longer background tracks