57 (45.6%)
No,  and I currently use a hosting service
5 (4%)
No, and I currently do not use a hosting service
22 (17.6%)
I don't host
30 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: Glass Hosting Development  (Read 19846 times)

Pushing the launch date some. Having some weird stuff happening with node creation.

edit: clients who are intending to start as soon as possible, please PM me
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:36:26 PM by Scout31 »

Thank you Scout for sticking around and providing a hosting service for those who don't own a VPN.

Might try to start another client or two today, got a lot of important work done on subscription management yesterday.

I've decided to hold off a little bit more. While the service is functioning, there's some quirks that make it not operate as smoothly as I'd like. Because money is involved, I really want to make sure the service is working extremely well, which at the moment means a full re-write of the Blockland wrapper.

Apologies to those clients that are waiting. Again, if anyone desperately needs a server, that's doable.

Everything is fine, take your time and don't rush on these! It's always good to make sure everything is stable before rekease!

I have always wanted a server (since my ingame hosting or steam hosting does not work at all) so this would be great to try. I could probably stair a few bucks.

Still having some extremely annoying issues with node deployment, some issue with apt-get hanging. Trying what I can to work around it or fix it, but it may require some lower-level changes that would cause yet another delay.

Still having some extremely annoying issues with node deployment, some issue with apt-get hanging. Trying what I can to work around it or fix it, but it may require some lower-level changes that would cause yet another delay.
what's it hanging on specifically?

what's it hanging on specifically?
apt-get update hangs fetching at 99%. I'm experimenting with using Debian instead of Ubuntu as it doesn't seem to have the same issue.

Edit: Problem was with IPv6. Disabled it and all is fine. Rewrote the server wrapper from the ground up, so it's now much more stable and easier to work with. Didn't get as much accomplished this week/weekend as I intended, had some major personal stuff come up.

Edit 2: Just had our first full automatic deployment. Somewhat a big deal, shows that the finish line is within sight.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:51:41 PM by Scout31 »