Increasing negative attention at No Man's Sky (LONG)

Author Topic: Increasing negative attention at No Man's Sky (LONG)  (Read 1821 times)

Let's face it. No Man's Sky didn't live up to our expectations. Grand features removed from launch, repetitive core gameplay, and not really that much surprises; it feels disappointing. It's a decent game, but it's not great or horrible either. Yet, I've been noticing things. Especially on YouTube. When the game released, the game received positive rep. Despite being flawed, it was fun. Though, as the days went on, it wasn't until when negative videos started churning out in fast rates which changed people's minds entirely. I do not disrespect their opinions, but I'm finding it weird how these channels are suddenly on the "No Man's Sky is disappointing" trend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Man's Sky, One Man's Lie

The video that kicked it all off (I think). Some of the clips present, are the SAME clips present in many negative media on this game.

A video criticizing the game. No problem with it for me though. Yet, it started the whole "trend" in my opinion.

THE NO MAN'S SKY RANT

Video focusing on the "multiplayer" not present in the game.

- No Man's Lie

ANOTHER video from this guy focusing on the cut content not in the final game. He could've let it be and shook it off, but I guess he needed more attention.

No Man's Sky in a Nutshell

A satire video trying to pluck the falling leaves from the tree before it dies. Honestly, it's not really humorous.

No Man's Sky (dunkview)

A video criticizing the game. No problem with it for me though. Yet, it started the whole "trend" in my opinion.

No Man's Sky - Game Review | False Advertising at Its Finest

Doesn't really seem like a review to me. It's a full on rant for the first 3 minutes, then it's subtle for the rest of the video.

No Man's Sky [PC] RANT & Review

Another "review". Literally the entire premise of the video, is in the title. Made very recently to release.

No Man's Sky SUCKS! Do Not Buy! (No Man's Sky Review)

Another video that's basically ranting. Pretty much fueling what everyone thinks. Kind of fishy, isn't it?

REFUND MATERIAL: No Man's Sky Review (No Man's Sky
Review)

Yet, again. Another video on telling people to avoid this game. Like I haven't seen this before.

The No Man's Sky Hype Train - Missing Features Compilation

Jesus Christ, how low effort is this video? Ripping parts of some clips and adding text that summarizes it.

New disappointment discovered : No Man's Sky

This video is just pointing out missing features with some bugs and stuff in between here and there. The SAME video. Yet, lots of likes. Pretty repetitive, huh?

A Buggy, Boring, Unfinished Ripoff - No Man's Sky Review

Another review ripping the game to shreds. Yet, it's being posted, what, DAYS[/b\] after the game released? You would think people got their point across.

No Man's Sky Marketing Is Probably Illegal | Feature Creep

A video discussing the game with missing features. Like I haven't seen this before. Well constructed video, but the same as all of the others. Lots of games do this, yet no one bats an eye. Something new, please?

THE NO MAN'S SKY RANT

This video pisses me off the most. Another RANT video that's drawn out for close to 50 loving minutes. Why?

No Man's Sky's Super Duper Secret

A video on the anticlimatic "ending" of No Man's Sky. Even since this topic has been discussed plenty of times, it still manages to snag attention on YouTube, even after 2 weeks(+) since the game released!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I simply don't understand. Are these people trying to cash in on this topic for some views? Other games have done this such as "Alien: Colonial Marines", Spore, and more. Yet, there wasn't a lot of negative attention (still had attention, just not as much) when those games came out. Though, hold your horses, I'm just SCRATCHING the surface of negative attention at No Man's Sky. There are DOZENS of articles, videos, and threads about how this game is disappointing. Whether it's actual rants, circlejerks, or plain "this game sucks!", No Man's Sky can't escape it. It has simply invaded other forum sites and gaming sites that I enjoy, which makes it hard to just not think about it. It's NOT a bad game. However, it's not great either.

I'm simply baffled on how people are  possibly using this as an opportunity to cash in on viewers and gain attention. Basically, manipulating people at best. Possibly if they're doing this, it's pretty disgusting, but there's nothing that can be done about it. The damage has been done, but it's still going strong. The game already has a bad rep. Fires were started and now no one knows how to put them out.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:07:05 PM by JBlitz404 »

Because hype killed any chance it had at being known as an OK game

/thread

Because hype killed any chance it had at being known as an OK game

/thread
The game barely had any great hype. It was standard hype, but it wasn't in your face. Mostly, the hype was contained on Reddit. I guess people are trying to use "hype" as an excuse for the game being bad. Also, I doubt you read and looked into my thread in 2 minutes.

hype and undelivered promises
i haven't played the game because i don't want to blow 60 bucks on something i'd probably play like 3 times a month, but from what i can tell it was a disappointment, not necessarily a bad game

I do like pyro's video personally, but I do agree it's getting really annoying to see these types of videos.
it has happen before where people make videos on the SAME topic without really bring any new points to the table and it pisses me off.

The game barely had any great hype. It was standard hype, but it wasn't in your face. Mostly, the hype was contained on Reddit. I guess people are trying to use "hype" as an excuse for the game being bad. Also, I doubt you read and looked into my thread in 2 minutes.
I read your thread but i'm not going to waste my time watching +15 videos

He never asked you to watch those videos.

That's like reading a book for a test, but you got lazy finishing it halfway, and now you're trying to sound reasonable (with only 100 pages of knowledge in your head).

Wait, so you're claiming that the people who review games are "manipulative" because they reviewed No Man's Sky and gave it a bad review?

Wait, so you're claiming that the people who review games are "manipulative" because they reviewed No Man's Sky and gave it a bad review?
Not really claiming. I just noticed that a lot of people are using this as an opportunity to spread unnecessary hate for a game that's already being hated. Despite all of the videos being the same (pointless ranting, pointing out the same flaws, making circlejerk crap out of it), these videos are still being popped out left and right. I don't disagree with these people (some of the videos I personally don't like).

It's just self entitled people that don't understand about pre-release footage and the fact games can change through digital updates.

It's just self entitled people that don't understand about pre-release footage and the fact games can change through digital updates.

Here we go again with Lord Phony defending his religion...

That's like reading a book for a test, but you got lazy finishing it halfway, and now you're trying to sound reasonable (with only 100 pages of knowledge in your head).
A good reader remember the important bits of a book, not the whole thing.

There is a lot more than just hype that contributed to the backlash, like the delays and $60 price tag, but I summed it as hype for convenience.

People are trying to sue this game but you can't.

They clearly said all footage was pre-release and it may change on retail release.

With that knowledge when you buy the game you should expect some form of change. By buying the game based on pre-release footage you agree that the game may change on release.

Maybe it's because it's just a genuine disappointment and people are upset with that?