Author Topic: Lounge & Lounge 2.0  (Read 2004 times)

Scroll down to see Lounge 2.0.

I built this thing and I couldn't think of any other names besides "Lounge".
Please download the save and rate x/10 or give constructive criticism. I'm not a very good builder and I want to improve my skills.

Picture:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:26:18 AM by d »

Reserved (a bit late but its the 1st post, i prime)

add windows
add proper roof
sould be nice
actually is 4,5/10
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:50:01 PM by Sylvanor »

Depends on what you did before this

add windows
add proper roof
sould be nice
actually is 4,5/10

this and the second floor seems a bit low, so you can try making that higher in future builds

>sylvanor didnt reserve
-reserved-
-rereserved-
-every other form of reserve-

add windows
add proper roof
sould be nice
actually is 4,5/10
What kind of roof?

>sylvanor didnt reserve
-reserved-
-rereserved-
-every other form of reserve-

sheet

I guess a general piece of advice I could offer is to give your building depth - it can still be a rectangle but have some parts and such sticking outward and sticking inward among with other things to toss in some depth. In terms of the roof, if you're going for a flat roof kind of look, to make it seem less, well, flat, add an edging around the border and such; If not a flat roof, try out a gable roof.

After loading it up, yeah, the difference in roof height is a bit odd, but I think this is caused by the white stripe cutting across the left side, as on the left side there isn't actually a second floor, there are stairs that lead to the porch-like area. Also, the building itself could use a proper building - you kind of just kept it as a hole - so try to like, patch it up and toss a door in or something. It's kind of difficult to really pinpoint what's wrong and what's right with your build since I stink at relaying an opinion, but I would definitely recommend taking a gander at like cities in real life, in LEGO or in Blockland and seeing how they're structured and what makes them interesting. I would love to see further improvements in the future though!

Based off suggestions, I made Lounge 2.0. It even has a light button for the deck.
I recommend trying out the first one and then comparing it to the second one. Please rate x/10 and give constructive criticism.

Picture:

Does it have any inside?

Does it have any inside?
You know that there's a download for the save, right?

You know that there's a download for the save, right?

Not everybody wants to download the save and load it though.

The second has an improved roof; could be better. Try adding windows to some of the walls as well, and the second floor still seems low for the height of a blockhead. Id suggest looking at other peoples build and seeing how they make things such as roofs, or walls, or how they add windows; to get an idea of what looks good then try improving your house using their ideas, but making it in your own style.

I added windows. If you're just going to blindly review it without actually seeing all of the build, what's the point of reviewing? You don't even know WHAT I built, you said it was a house.

I added windows. If you're just going to blindly review it without actually seeing all of the build, what's the point of reviewing? You don't even know WHAT I built, you said it was a house.

Jeez you are hostile, maybe if you gave people more information on the build instead of being a prick they wouldn't mislabel your build.

Jeez you are hostile, maybe if you gave people more information on the build instead of being a prick they wouldn't mislabel your build.
Information like what?