Author Topic: I got an interview set up.// I GOT THE JOB  (Read 1018 times)

After applying at multiple applications turned in, I finally got a call back from one of the places to set up and interview. I am excited and nervous. The place I have the interview at is a manufacturing place. If I get hired the pay is decent, around $15 an hour, and I be trained to work the job so it will be valuable experience. (previously)

(Recently) I went to my interview, they said they would call me if things panned out good for me, and they did. I got the job, got physical and drug test set up and should start work in October. The pay is really good too. $12.50/hour on day shift and $15.50/hour on night shift, and that's only probationary pay. Overtime is time and a half, so I should be making some big bucks when I start work. I'm excited.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:50:30 AM by Ceist »

tf ?
ur gonna be working on the factory floor? for $15 an hour ? my fat richard. what's your job gonna be?

Every time I made a topic regarding interviews, I asked for you guys to donate lucks to me and so far it has never failed. I hereby donate a jar of lucks to you.

tf ?
ur gonna be working on the factory floor? for $15 an hour ? my fat richard. what's your job gonna be?
I live in North Dakota. Hard labor jobs pay a good wage around, even for starters. People who've worked longer and have lots of experience in these areas can get payed around $19 an hour. When I applied, I applied wanting a position of a general laborer, so I'm not entirely sure what my job will be exactly.

Every time I made a topic regarding interviews, I asked for you guys to donate lucks to me and so far it has never failed. I hereby donate a jar of lucks to you.
<3

Always make eye contact, if they ask you your greatest strength and greatest weakness make sure what you mention isn't a weakness that could affect the job etc. Although you probably already know all that.

I live in North Dakota. Hard labor jobs pay a good wage around, even for starters. People who've worked longer and have lots of experience in these areas can get payed around $19 an hour. When I applied, I applied wanting a position of a general laborer, so I'm not entirely sure what my job will be exactly.
what company? I work in quality assurance for a company called SCA, but like all they do is the wheel guards and heater/blower cases (plus a few other things) for kia and hyundai. and all I do is the dumb stuff nobody else (in quality) wants to, but at least it's not manual labor I guess

what company? I work in quality assurance for a company called SCA, but like all they do is the wheel guards and heater/blower cases (plus a few other things) for kia and hyundai. and all I do is the dumb stuff nobody else (in quality) wants to, but at least it's not manual labor I guess
Comdel Innovation

Ayo we don't really talk much anymore but I know you're a dependable person and I hope you do well on your interview!
And if you need luck you can have mine
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:48:12 AM by Flamecannon »

Ayo we don't really talk much anymore but I know you're a dependable person and I hope you do well on your interview!
That means a lot man. Thank you!

Oh stuff good luck dude.

Comb your hair and put on some deodorant

Done any sort of prep for the types of questions they'll ask? I usually find it very useful to go over common questions and make up responses out loud. That way it's almost muscle memory when you're actually in the room.

Look into the company a lot.

Look into the company a lot.
When I was in highschool, Comdel was one of the companies we visited for some Manufacturing Day field trip. We also visited other places like Bobcat, some 3M subsidiary, Cargill, etc.

Done any sort of prep for the types of questions they'll ask? I usually find it very useful to go over common questions and make up responses out loud. That way it's almost muscle memory when you're actually in the room.
I haven't no, I don't know what to expect given this type of job, my brother has worked manufacturing going on 10 years, so I should probably ask him.

I haven't no, I don't know what to expect given this type of job, my brother has worked manufacturing going on 10 years, so I should probably ask him.
I think you can expect a few of the generic hiring questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses". Those sorts of questions aren't really industry specific. Hell the employers probably google the questions to ask half the time lol

I think you can expect a few of the generic hiring questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses". Those sorts of questions aren't really industry specific. Hell the employers probably google the questions to ask half the time lol
lol alright. Thanks though, I appreciate your help.