Author Topic: bottled water has a horrible smell, this normal?  (Read 1802 times)

So being the lazy cunt I am I decided to get bottles of water wich usually lasts me a day or 3 instead of getting a glass of cola all the time
Now the thing is, after a while it literally smells like someone loving farted in the bottle
What even
Yeah apperently water can start smelling like loving stuff
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:58:51 PM by espio100 »

Now the thing is, after a while it literally smells like someone loving farted in the bottle
damn you found me out

Sounds like you let it get too hot or expire and the plastic melted into the water. Don't drink it--it's disgusting and unsafe.

Water has an expiration date. It's for the bottle, not the liquid.

Maybe someone did fart in the bottle

Was it freshly opened
Been standing on my desk for a few days
Sounds like you let it get too hot or expire and the plastic melted into the water. Don't drink it--it's disgusting and unsafe.

Well the thing is, there is no expiration date to find... anywhere
Also its a p new bottle and its only been a few days
damn you found me out
I mean if you want me to smell you you can just ask yknow
Id happily do it for you

Don't drink it if it smells wrong. Your water shouldn't smell.

Are you keeping it in direct sunlight?

Water bottles expire with years, not days. Also apparently bottle expiring doesnt make it any less healthy.

is it actually clear rum or vodka

It could also be an issue with the batch. Google the brand and see if they're recalling any.
Or consider contacting the manufacturers with a query/complaint. They usually have a free phonenumber on the packaging.

probably because the bottle is from recycled plastic.

Pour it into a cup, let it sit for a few minutes, and see if it retains the terrible smell.

Are you keeping it in direct sunlight?
Window is in the way but besides that
I just leave it on my desk where the sun shines

Window is in the way but besides that
I just leave it on my desk where the sun shines
that would be a "yes"