Author Topic: [NEWS] Twin Self Delete bombing hits Russian naval base; 38 dead, 50 injured  (Read 8787 times)

This isn't a competition though. The goal isn't to "win" (whatever that means), it's to make the best decision possible.
Uh, I just said that. I thought that's what you were implying? Perhaps I misread.

...but even if it would win over the judge, the median in which we are arguing is completely different. We aren't arguing to make a better case and thus win a medal, we are arguing so that our personal worldview will expand...

The goal isn't to "win" (whatever that means), it's to make the best decision possible.
I wouldn't say the goal is to make the best decision possible, I would say the goal is to be the most persuasive. But that's up to interpretation.

i think mczealot is a masochist

Well, as someone who is in higher debate and attends like 9-12 regional statewide and national tournaments a year, I'm pretty sure I know how it works. But thanks.

You are disrespecting a future US army soldier

i think mczealot is a masochist
Well, true, but unrelated.

You are disrespecting a future US army soldier
Um? Okay? I'd disrespect an active US army soldier, or a US veteran, if they said the same thing. I don't rank humans. That wasn't particularly disrespectful either...

zealot how many times do i have to tell you
your ego is too large, you bring up that you have "debate credentials" and stuff. so what if you have debate credentials
my brother won first in the state for extemp yet he supports hillary clinton so i don't see your point

^I don't think you're winning anyone over right now. You should probably just leave the thread, pal.

Zealot has zero self awareness confirmed

What's the point in going to statewide debate tournaments if you can't even convince BLF that maxx spammed your synchtube tbh

your ego is too large, you bring up that you have "debate credentials" and stuff. so what if you have debate credentials
my brother won first in the state for extemp yet he supports hillary clinton so i don't see your point

zealot is pro-clinton

Uh? what? I brought that up because someone acted as though I didn't know how debate worked? That's nothing to do with ego, or my beliefs!

That would be like if someone said I had no idea how to use Javascript, and I said that I had been a professional JS worker for 3 years. It's just a fact. It doesn't mean I'm right about whatever, but it does mean I know how to use Javascript for the most part.

You're literally nickpicking for excuses.

My point would be that he knows how debate works... ? Right?

zealot is pro-clinton
No I'm not. I'm anti-Annoying Orange. Clinton is a moderate and a Democrat, both things I dislike.

You're literally nickpicking for excuses.

Are you Helen Keller's handicapped grandson

No I'm not. I'm anti-Annoying Orange. Clinton is a moderate and a Democrat, both things I dislike.
my bad, i had remembered you had a clinton support avatar at one point

Are you Helen Keller's handicapped grandson
I literally just addressed everything he said. You didn't address a thing I said. Please be more specific.

my bad, i had remembered you had a clinton support avatar at one point
I could at least cautiously support her (she at least holds anti-gun beliefs constant) before she wimped out of the debates with Sanders and cheated in the election. But that was like, 7 months ago.

I could at least cautiously support her (she at least holds anti-gun beliefs constant) before she wimped out of the debates with Sanders and cheated in the election. But that was like, 7 months ago.

Are you saying you're anti-gun?

Yes.

That doesn't mean I want guns banned.

Well I can't say I'm surprised