Author Topic: My drum covers  (Read 435 times)

So, today I did a drum cover of Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams.  It isnt the best audio/I messed up at some parts, but hey at least I did a drum cover  :cookieMonster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HBkkgpgTI4

EDIT: some constructive criticism is appreciated.  Also, yes i know the camera angle is messed up.

This is my sencond drum cover (if you want to call it that).  It's just me having fun trying to play the h3h3 theme song.  It was hard to decide which part to focus on, so I just played whatever.  Yes, i know it isn't the best audio/i messed up a lot but I did it for the memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYcJbvLLMwQ&feature=youtu.be
(yes i know it still my be processing)

Up next, i think i will try the jontron theme.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:56:34 AM by JoeysWorldTourLIFE »

the only thing i can't really stand at all is the crash. oh my god it's just so bad. i don't know if it's a cheap sound or what's going on with it

the crash sounds horrible but other than that the performance wasn't bad

How did you go about recording the audio for your kit? Is it just direct line out from your kit? The levels on the crash is waaaaaay too loud, and something is trying to compress it down giving it a bad warble, and just washing everything else in the video out.

How did you go about recording the audio for your kit? Is it just direct line out from your kit? The levels on the crash is waaaaaay too loud, and something is trying to compress it down giving it a bad warble, and just washing everything else in the video out.
It is a direct line from the kit into audacity (where i record it).  I had the kit turned up all the way, that's why it sounded horrible.

Audacity is kind of garbo for anything other than really quick edits or file conversion. I'd recommend downloading REAPER. It may seem overwhelming at first, but it's probably one of the most intuitive DAW's on the market. Looking up tutorials on YT will get you started easy as well.

how long have you been playing on that kit? is that what you've always played on?