[NEWS] Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson asks "What is Aleppo?"

Author Topic: [NEWS] Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson asks "What is Aleppo?"  (Read 2689 times)

I didn't know about Aleppo either. Maybe because that's that countries problem and i don't give a forget like Gary does.

Annoying Orange would say "Aleppo? Bomb it!"
Hillary would lie about doing something about it.

This is a totally normal mistake. Truth be told if I was running for prez. my platform would be to completely ignore the problems happening in the Middle East. No help or hinderance to any of them.

Honestly, charity is an investment. No humanitarian effort has ever been performed by a government without some ulterior motive. And I don't see what we have to gain by fixing the land of towelheads.

Ignore that rant and I'll get back on topic. Gary Johnson is pretty cool and it's hardly news that he slipped up. God knows the other candidates have had their blunders.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:28:07 AM by Taciturn »

Why would he care

Literally why should any of us care unless you have family in syria

Does the libertarians have any chance against Annoying Orange and hillary? Not that I'm defending any sides I'm just curious.

Does the libertarians have any chance against Annoying Orange and hillary? Not that I'm defending any sides I'm just curious.
if he gets into the debates, then definitely. at the moment no.

He doesn't know what it is because he doesn't give a forget about the stuff going on in syria.  He is a libertarian, and if you would look u what it means to be a libertarian, you would know why he doesn't know.  I am still voting him because I am not voting for two criminals.  Also, I am all for less government.

And no its not because he is clueless.

He doesn't know what it is because he doesn't give a forget about the stuff going on in syria.  He is a libertarian, and if you would look u what it means to be a libertarian, you would know why he doesn't know.  I am still voting him because I am not voting for two criminals.  Also, I am all for less government.

And no its not because he is clueless.
You're old enough to vote?
No he's a third party
People should be voting for him tho in an attempt to increase voter turnout for the 3rd party. If people start seeing an increase in third party votes they will start to take it a little more seriously

Ill only vote for G. Johnson if he changes his first name to Cave

Ill only vote for G. Johnson if he changes his first name to Cave
His campaign slogan would be "When life gives you votes, make voterade."

I didn't know about Aleppo either. Maybe because that's that countries problem and i don't give a forget like Gary does.
Truth be told if I was running for prez. my platform would be to completely ignore the problems happening in the Middle East. No help or hinderance to any of them.

Honestly, charity is an investment. No humanitarian effort has ever been performed by a government without some ulterior motive. And I don't see what we have to gain by fixing the land of towelheads.
Why would he care

Because we are one civilization and we should care about each other for humanitarian reasons? This is a terrible attitude to have towards human suffering.

And yeah, I'm not too surprised. Aleppo isn't that well known of a city (I only know it from EU4), though I would expect a politician to know geography better than most.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:36:25 AM by TristanLuigi »

You should care because his response should have been something like

that's that countries problem and i don't give a forget
completely ignore the problems happening in the Middle East. No help or hinderance to any of them.

Why would he care

Not that he doesn't even know what Aleppo is. Although, if you look at this exchange here:

Asked about the city on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Mr. Johnson was unfamiliar with the name.

“What is Aleppo?” Mr. Johnson asked.

Mike Barnicle, a panelist on the show, then asked if he was kidding.

“Aleppo is in Syria,” Mr. Barnicle said. “It’s the epicenter of the refugee crCIA.”

“Okay got it,” Mr. Johnson said before calling on the U.S. and Russia using their leverage to bring the warring parties to the negotiating table.
He does in fact have interest in the US being involved with Russia in the conflict. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he just spaced when asked about Aleppo with no other context, but this is obviously a gaffe that the news and other parties will jump on.