Poll

Vegan, Vegetarian, no gluten, or dairy free?

Vegan
0 (0%)
Vegetarian
0 (0%)
No gluten
1 (1.5%)
No dairy
1 (1.5%)
No gluten or dairy
0 (0%)
Allergic to gluten
1 (1.5%)
Allergic to dairy
2 (2.9%)
Not listed/Not on any diets
36 (52.9%)
Who cares
27 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Are you vegetarian or vegan, gluten or dairy free?  (Read 2301 times)

If you have allergies to dairy or gluten there are options in the poll, but I want to know about the BLFers and their diets. (which, an estimated 3% of the BLF's diet is 2l soda and Flamin' Hot Cheetos). And also, why have you been on that diet, and how has it affected you for the better/worse?

what do i look like? a cow?

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian because I'm not handicapped

i eat literally everything i see

I'm more carnivore over anything else since I'm very sensitive to food texture, and most if not all vegtable and fruit textures make me gag and I can't help it D:

I can eat salad though and it's loving delicious, especially with olive-garden dressing

My brothers girlfriend is supposedly allergic to gluten, which is a massive pain in the arse.

She eats at our house a lot and my parents accommodate for her by buying Gluten free stuff which is ridiculously expensive for what it is.

She also uses it as an excuse to be as unhealthy as forget.
For example, she's not consistently at ours for breakfast and so doesn't expect us to have gluten free bread/cereal available at all times. So she has taken to buying and eating a loving Carrot Cake for breakfast. Yep, instead of a healthy cereal or light toast, she eats a massive slice of gluten-free sugar filled, fat dripping, cream covered carrot cake.

And it also pushes her to be as expensive as forget, mostly at my brothers expense.
Since she claims that the gluten-free food leaves her lethargic she is constantly eating chocolatey snacks and sugary treats. Almost every day she is with us she has to go to the shops to spend £5-10 on unnecessary stuff.
We made use of a popcorn maker last year and made our own sugar coated popcorn to watch a movie with. She left part way through to pour Golden Syrup all over her popcorn because sugar wasn't sweet enough.

They both also love pizza, which is fine, but there aren't many places around here that serve gluten-free, besides Dominos. Dominos is the most expensive pizza place around, by far.
The two of them will quite regularly come home for dinner without announcing their attentions more than 45 minutes before they arrive. So we almost never have a gluten-free alternative for her. So the easy solution is to grab a Dominos. Which my brother pays for.

My brother is a loving idiot. He has so little cash to his name (his girlfriends mum is his employer, owning a cafe in a different town. And she regularly cuts his hours, or shuts the shop early).
But he spends almost all of it on his girlfriend in the form of food.
Thing is, growing up he's always seen my dad treat my mum to nice things, including food, so he thinks it's normal.
What he doesn't realise is that my parents have a joint bank account so it's both of their money, plus my parents never do it constantly, and they don't splurge on ridiculously expensive things.

So yeah, don't date a gluten-free person. Especially if they're also fat and greedy as forget.

I refuse to eat any food that starts with an A, or that has a second letter of B, or that has a third letter of C, and so on...

meat is loving yummy

i bought a sausage roll on the way home from school yesterday and i saw on a lamppost someone had stuck a sticker saying "meat is murder" and i just kept on eating

Still no special snowflakes?

i make an effort to avoid eating excessive amounts of red meat and generally stuffty foods, that's it