Author Topic: [STORY] The Grey Planet [Kill me]  (Read 11043 times)

a little late butwouldn't this fit better in creativity then instead of forum games?
It would but I actually have bigger plans for it that will involve more people once it fleshes out. I still see this as a community projects thread.

The forest clearing he had crashed landed in was relatively unscathed, save for a small debris fire close enough to the lake water to not be a threat. His vision gave him a live update on the planets condition, which had begun to flourish despite a disaster that happened several hundred years ago. Lists of the fauna and environments collected by the station were uploaded to his head, dating back from the earliest dates to the last known photos taken upon his activation. MATT looked around for any signs of life, be it intelligent or feral but nothing came up.

MATT referenced the topographical map in his head, looking for nearby C.T.C. stations that would be able to service his further repairs, since his repair kit will only be able to do so much. Several points appeared on the photographic image in his visor, 3 out of 4 of which were all marked destroyed. The nearest operating station cut straight through the forest across the lake he had bounced off of. Seeing little choice MATT charted a course on his interface to go straight to it. An augmented reality graphic appeared at his feet, running a blue virtual line to his destination. Satisfied, MATT sat on the ground and leaned against his container to begin fixing his arm.

The process wasn't meticulous because the repair kit had only the crude essentials. Pliers, industrial tape, clamps, and a sealant that could also act as a glue. MATT taped his coolant tubes back together and basted the surface of it with the glue. He then proceeded to bend the punctured metal back into place with the pliers. Lastly he used the tightening clamps to re-position his arm buck up to his shoulder, clamping it down and tightening the screw. It was crude, but functional and it was most certainly going to be a better fix once he gets to the C.T.C. base. MATT stood back up on his feet and rotated his shoulder. It made a grinding noise as he rotated it.

Yeah. Very crude. He thought to himself.

(So who wants to tell him that they made a better night vision method?)

MATT's visor lit up and cast light on the tree line where the holographic line disappeared into the forest. The blackness cast by the trees quickly swallowed the light. Mistakes in the forest could be fatal, even to a robot.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:27:05 PM by Tayasaurus »

[Earlier]

Snno lay on her side in a half fetal position, comfortably resting on the Elder's straw bed. Her eyesight had left her but she still refused to shut her eyes in the hope that it came back. She felt the finely shredded fibers of the straw and thought immediately how badly she wanted to see something no matter how menial it was. The Elder sat by the bed holding a warm cup of soup made from the gorobeg Snno had caught. A worried expression painted the Elder's face and she felt guilt being somewhat glad Snno couldn't see it.

"Snno, i'll leave this soup near the table at the bedside... in case you get hungry. Reach slowly for it if you do, i don't want you to burn your hands. I need to go take care of something and i'll be back shortly." Mipa said with motherly kindness.

Snno didn't say anything and instead lay on her side turned away from Mipa. Mipa sighed and went out the wooden door, back out to the bonfire where it lay dying.

("By the black star please don't make me into a meme")

Mipa observed the Black Sun where it had landed and it seemed benign. A small group of Umbral waited there for Mipa while the rest of the village had chosen to give the Black Sun a wide berth.
Mipa walked over to where the Black Sun lay and snatched it back up with the cloth she had wrapped it in. Mipa wouldn't have been so hasty and excited to expose Snno to their god if she had known it was going to blind her. Mipa looked at the godly ball with a concerned look on her face and lightly muttered a short prayer under her breath. The small group of umbral waiting nearby for her came closer.

"Elder, what did she show Snno?" said the largest of the group, who's claws were rather short. Several other's in the group made sounds of agreement to the question and they looked at Mipa for an answer.

The elder closed her eyes and shook her head.

"I don't know. The vision she received was not shared with me. The poor girl will not speak of what happened. This is very unusual for the Black Sun to blind someone so young."

The group looked at each other and chattered lightly before turning back to Mipa.

"Has the Black Sun blinded followers before?"

Mipa nodded her head.

"Yes indeed she has, but it only ever happened to old priestesses of old Narana. None of which the likes we have seen in this day. They were blessed with a second sight, but I worry about the possibility of this not being a case of that."

The group seemed satisfied with the answer but another one out of sight spoke.

"Will you try speaking with her again Elder Mipa? Perhaps there was some kind of mistake... and maybe she can give Snno her sight back." said the frail voice.

The other umbral moved aside to show an umbral that stuck out like a sore thumb. Her body was sheet white and her eyes were blood red. Mipa smiled and recognized Shimmer, one of Snno's greatest friends.

"I will do everything I can to help Snno, child. Rest assured. You'll be able to see her when she's more rested. In the meantime, Shimmer, come with me."

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:17:48 PM by Tayasaurus »

Mipa guided shimmer into the hut where Snno rested. Snno still remained on her side facing away from the door and her ears twitched indicating that she knew they were there. Shimmer made her way over to the bedside and nudged Snno.

"Hey Goro-slayer. It's me, Shimmer..." she said, lightly touching Snno's shoulder.

Snno recognized the weak voice and immediately sat up reaching out for her and embracing her in a tight hug. Shimmer held her breath so the air didn't get squeezed out of her by Snno's iron grip. Snno let her go and remained sitting up.

"Shimmer, thank you for coming to see me, you're a real friend." Snno said, her voice still a little shakey.

Shimmer smiled.

"I'd be a real dung-pie if I didn't see the friend who's practically my sister." said Shimmer.

The Elder grabbed her robe from the chest in the corner of the room and put it on. She then wrapped the Black Star tightly in another cloth before heading for the door. She turned before reaching the entrance.

"Shimmer, you're in charge of looking after Snno. I have something i must do..." She said gravely.

Before Shimmer or Snno could question her she hurried out the door and made for the edge of the woods. Snno tried to look at Shimmer but ended up looking at the nightstand instead.

"Where do you think Mipa is going?" Snno asked.

"Probably to find a way to restore your sight." Shimmer replied, not intent on pointing out that Snno was talking to a table.

A heavy silence fell on the room and Shimmer shifted uncomfortably. She decided to continue breaking the ice as long as possible.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked.

Snno shook her head and stared at the wall ahead of her. Her eyes had turned smokey, leaving no trace of the brilliant white that they use to be. Shimmer thought about how awfully strange it is to see Snno with fear painted on her face. She was never one to show much concern or anxiety about anything. Being the lead huntress and village warrior wasn't something easy for an Umbral to do. To Snno, the concept of pressure didn't exist. Snno's fears were never known to anyone, but blindness has reared its ugly head and it was all to apparent that this was one of them. Raised as a hunter from a very young age had given Snno situational skills. The kind of skills that would eventually lead to her becoming a warrior. She was born to be prepared for anything, which was the source of her defiance to the instinct of fear. But blindness was an entirely different creature, taking that which was the base of her abilities. It was like someone pulled a carpet out from underneath her, and she had no idea what she might strike her head on in the fall.

Snno spoke and affirmed her disposition.

"I'm just frightened Shimmer. I don't know if I'm being punished or blessed. I always thought of the Black Sun as a kindly deity, but instead of comfort i felt fear... and grief. A strong horrible grief that i can still feel echoing in my head. If it's a blessing, why kind of blessing is grief? If it's a punishment, what have I done to have someone as low as me to deserve it?"

The room fell quiet again as Shimmer thought of an answer.

"Maybe it's neither?" She suggested.

Snno frowned.

"This couldn't happen for no reason. There has to be a reason..." she speculated.

Shimmer shifted again and this time Snno took notice.

"What do you actually mean by that Shimmer?" Snno inquired.

Shimmer hesitated but then opened her mouth.

"Maybe it's a warning."

Mipa had hurriedly left the village to avoid being seen by the rest of her people. She had already been trekking through the thick rain-forest for an hour or so and had begun to look for the markers of where she wanted to be. As the village Elder she had very few secrets due to the weight of her personal responsibilities, but also given the title of being the Black Star guardian meant she needed a place away from her people to communicate with it. Mipa eventually found what she was looking for which was marked by two stones with an orange paint. She gently set aside the Black Star, which she kept in a pack, and bent down to slip her fingers underneath the lip of a hidden panel in the ground. When she lifted it the resulting rush of air entering the underground room threw out dust; She hadn't been there in quite some time.

Mipa had seen over the course of time several empires rise and fall. She was very old but nobody in her village could fathom how old she actually was. She had kept most of this information to herself, and with every generation of Umbral born, she began to fade into the woodwork of history. Mipa was among the first of several to be born, and essentially kickstart the Umbral's existence.

She descended down the ladder which lead into the interior of a crashed ship. It was here Mipa came to be and it was here thousands of battles began and ended. The interior of the ships walls were completely painted over with crude images. Mipa had kept a timeline and a documentary of the visions she received on anything she could get her hands on, sparing no space on the walls which surrounded her. The Black Sun began to hum in the backpack she carried it in. She quickly unraveled it from the cloth she had kept it and held it in her hands. The Black Sun as always was a perfect black. No light seemed to reflect off of it and it always swallowed it where it was present. The Black Sun would occasionally seem to move and sometimes slightly expand. This was a living creature despite its benign appearance and was capable of so much power.

The Black Sun in recent times barely spoke to Mipa, so when she received a vision that it wished to speak to Snno she had grown excited. This could have been the moment where she could have closed her chapter and passed the responsibility onto the young warrior, but instead Mipa could only feel concern after Snno's encounter with her own deity. Mipa needed to know what Snno had seen and communicating with it herself was the only way she knew how.

Mipa sat on the dusty floor of the derelict ship and held the Black Sun to her forehead. She closed her eyes and waited.

The Village was now in full rest and most Umbral besides those who are assigned to guard it slept in their homes. Shimmer remained sound asleep on the floor near Snno's beside and Snno remained sitting up. She had begun experimenting with her blindness and discovered she could still detect light. If she held her hand really close to her face she could make out a faint outline while in front of the fire. Snno decided it was enough to try and get up and navigate the room. Snno's first action was to stub her toe on the table near the bed. She let out a muffled yelp and grasped her foot. She muttered curses for a few moments then she made her way off of the bed. She could tell where the fireplace was and figured the door had to be nearby. Just barely missing Shimmer with her feet she ran into the table dropping the cold bowl of soup on the floor. She let out another string of curses as Shimmer snapped awake.

"Snno, what are you doing out of bed?" Shimmer asked rubbing her eyes.

"I Just wanted to move around a bit. Rest is the last thing on my mind right now..." Snno said with a frown in her expression.

Shimmer smiled and stood up.

"I understand... you'll tire out eventually, so rest will come to you on its own. Here..."

Shimmer guided Snno over to an open window.

"See if you can see the stars. I had been watching you experiment with your hand against the fireplace. So maybe they're bright enough tonight for you to at least see a glimmer of." She said.

Snno felt touched by the gesture and looked upward. She couldn't see anything but she thanked Shimmer anyway.

"I don't deserve you as my friend Shimmer... Thank you for being here for me."

Shimmer had begun to clean up the wasted soup and looked up over the bed.

"Nonsense, we were made for each other. You're the hunter, I'm the butcher!" She said with a laugh.

Shimmer was indeed the village butcher. While she was a pure white Umbral, the tips of her claws were always stained with blood. She had exhibited the skill at an early age and was immediately put to work with the eldest butcher to learn the trade. She had an affinity for blood and how living things worked, which isolated her socially to a degree from the other Umbral.

Snno sighed and continued to stare at the sky.

"Probably not a hunter anymore." She said remorsefully.

Shimmer looked down.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to make you think that way."

Snno didn't answer, instead she started seeing something.

"Shimmer, come over here and look! Do you see that?" Snno said excitedly.

(Shimmer's eyes are actually a pure red. This pencil just isn't multicolored. Anyways your pancreas is bad.)

Shimmer hurried over to the window.

"At first i thought it was a faint star but the color isn't right and its moving!" said Snno, trying to point at it.

Shimmer tried looking where Snno's damaged eyes were trained and saw it too. A brilliant yellow light grew in the sky and lit up the exposed village from the darkness of night that surrounded it. A few other umbral emerged from their homes rubbing their eyes and looked up to see it too.

[SOUNDTRACK]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA6mRTgK9O4

The source of light grew as more of them appeared. Fragments of the same monolith had begun to fall from the sky. One brilliant ball of fire after the other broke through the atmosphere and it became apparent that there were hundreds more coming. Shimmer watched as the biggest of the balls of fire appeared, going straight through a cloud and dispersing it, making it disappear. She watched the large fragment disappear out of sight behind the treeline.

"Snno this doesn't feel right." Shimmer said concerned.

The ground began to shake.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:19:15 PM by Tayasaurus »

The tremors continued for a little while longer before subsiding. An unnatural glow shined over the treeline where the object had made its impact. Snno and Shimmer watched as the glow quickly died down and turned to a dim light.

Snno grasped Shimmers shoulder.

"I saw this. I saw this in my vision." Snno said excitedly.

Shimmer pushed Snno away

"That's nice that you could see it Snno but i'm more worried about the implications of it." Shimmer said confused at Snno's reaction.

Snno grabbed Shimmer by both shoulders this time.

"No you don't understand! I saw this in the vision that the Black Star granted me! It was telling me about this!"

Shimmer's eyes grew wide as she began to understand

"W-We should go to it then?" She said concerned.

Snno shook her head

"No. Not without Mipa, I need you to find Mipa instead."

Shimmer nodded her head nervously.

"Ok I will. Stay here and be safe, i'll be right back with her in hand."

Shimmer left the elder's home as soon as she was able and began to ask around the village for her. It appeared that nobody had seen her leave the village nor be present in any of her usual locations. Shimmer had even checked her own home and nothing turned up. Feeling frustrated and pressed for time she began asking the guards.

"Valca, have you seen the elder anywhere?" She asked.

Valca being one of the village guards never let anything slip by her. Although this was the exception since she was shaking her head.

"Sorry Shimmer, she even got around me. She's known to do this when she needs to go out meditating."

Shimmer wore a defeated look on her face as she turned back to the center of the village.

"Thanks anyway." She muttered.

She felt something tug on her leg suddenly and looked down to see Leaf looking up at her.

"I know where she snuck out. I can point you the right way... but it'll cost you." She said with a toothy grin.

Shimmer's first instinct was to get angry with the demand but instead cast that feeling aside.

"Let me guess. You want meat." Shimmer said suspiciously.

Leaf lit up and shook her head yes. Shimmer bent down and looked Leaf in the eye.

"Take me there now, and i'll give you the biggest haunch I have in my shop. Enough for you and your friends. deal?"

Leaf gave her signature toothy smile.

"Yes I think that will work."

Mipa had been meditating for hours. She had been too far away and cushioned to feel the effects of the space stations impact on the other side of the village. She was currently in a deep state of mind. She felt the warm glass like surface of the ball looking for that connection she use to have. The Black Star hadn't talked to her in years and their sessions had become less frequent. To her, that meant it was time to pass on the mantle, but not without one last talk. Another 15 minutes passed and she decided that it was time to turn in and go home. She removed her forehead from the Black Star and stared into it's ever absorbent blackness.

"Please. Guide us great one. Snno needs you more than ever now."

The blackness stared quietly back for a little longer before flickering. Mipa's eyes widened and she stood up still staring into the orb. Images began to flash at an alarming rate inside the Black Star as Mipa tried to make them out. The images raced until coming to a sudden halt, stopping on a dreadful image. Mipa was introduced to the very thing Snno had seen, a metallic visage surrounded by fire. In the background she could see bodies, Umbral bodies. She fearfully set the Black Star down on the pack she carried it in and rushed over to her wall. She searched the timeline of crudely drawn and painted images looking for something similar. her eyes stopped and rested on what was unmistakably the same face seen in the orb. She looked after the face for any clue as to what will happen. The same face in the next image appeared, but this time had a full body. In comparison to the Umbral it stood over, it was monstrously huge. Mipa's heart stopped at what she saw next. The Black Star sat clutched in its hand, and the Umbral lay slain in a pile underneath it.

(I shall now only do the art like this from now on... hahah just kidding!)

MATT trudged with heavy footsteps through the forest overgrowth. He snagged on everything and made so much noise that it would drive any survivalist mad with irritation. He kept the station's data module clipped to his belt and checked on it often to make sure it didn't get lost. The loss of fluid had its toll, as he struggled to fully articulate his left leg. He managed to stop the leaking, but to continue like this for much longer would be bad. MATT kept his thoughts focused on his virtual hud as it guided him through the thick woods to the last known CTC station. Everything MATT was doing was reliant on the Stations last known commands before being destroyed, which made his secondary objective to be up-linked to the CTC main database on the planet surface. It felt strange setting goals for himself, even though he knew he was designed with the capacity to do it. MATT immediately comes to a halt before making his next step. The ground in front of him failed to register and went into a very steep decline. MATT measured the distance below and calculated it to be at least a mile, and yet he was still seeing trees extending up from the bottom and way past his head. It was at this moment he began to realize the scale of this planet and the terrain on it. He had always known the numbers, but being down on it for the first time does the math more justice.

"Why was I never deployed here?"

MATT continued to scan and found a place where the trees were clear. MATT needed a better overview of how far the thick jungle extended and began to follow the edge of the cliffside. He took care not to get too close to the edge as it primarily was made up of a softer soil, which was unusual for the surface properties of this planet.

"I think my internal maps might be out-dated. None of this is suppose to be here." He thought to himself.

MATT finally reached the clearing and stepped out onto a sturdy-looking rock. What he saw filled him with wonderment. The forest stretched out for what seemed to be miles, and off in the distance he could barely recognize the C.T.C. center. The center had been overrun with the environment surrounding it, and it looked very much like another tiny planet due to the spherical shape. MATT cross referenced Station photos of the center with past ones and came to a realization. He checked the Station's total time in orbit that was logged before the crash.

Icarus has been in orbit for approximately 255,500 days. Orbit was over schedule on day 4,380. Much longer than the intended 12 years.

MATT noted the extensive amount of time and began to rethink his objectives. He must reach the station and search for any living operators, if there are any alive. MATT looks down into the deep thick vegetation below. It's possible he could get lost for good down there.

Better to go around and reach the station by the cliff side.

Only a mile or so away from where MATT was surveying, MAXX and the rest of his team trudge through the thicket following the Stations unique data signature. SCOPE walked further ahead of the group triangulating the exact location. SCOPE became frustrated after adjusting his scanners for the 3rd time.

"The signal emanating from the module must be broken. It's broadcasts are sporadic and i'm constantly having to keep my sensors calibrated." he said, tapping the side of his metallic head.

MAXX stopped walking along with his human soldiers and handed one of them a bag.

"Kabr. Put your tracking skills to good use and go on ahead of us." said MAXX, patting him lightly on the back. Kabr nodded and immediately went to work, dashing into the thick overgrowth.

SCOPE looked at MAXX questionably.

"Tracking, commander?" he asked.

MAXX sighed audibly and would roll his eyes if he could.

"The signal is sporadic because the module is moving. Either something ate it or someone survived the crash. It's not likely human either way. Unless someone managed to survive that long on a failing Space Station."

SCOPE looked back at the brush where Kabr disappeared.

"If I hadn't overlooked that then I could have adjusted for it and we wouldn't have to have sent him off." He said irritably.

MAXX laughed and walked up to SCOPE placing his hand on his shoulder.

"It's good for him. Human's aren't meant to just stand around and do nothing."

"It's good for him. Human's aren't meant to just stand around and do nothing."

Its what I do.

MATT could feel his movement become even slower. The repairs he had done were starting to lose effect and he had to stuff mud into his damaged internals to keep the leak sealed. He had several more hours before reaching the station, and he had to find a way to make himself last longer. He began to run through scenarios in his head as he moved along, still following the virtual pathing. If his systems came to a dead stop he'd have to make sure the data was backed up. The weather of the planet could destroy the data capsule rendering it useless, and that was a risk he couldn't take.

MATT stops where he was at and pries open the capsul, pulling out a thin chip. All of the stations data resided on it, 700 years worth of history. He quickly inserted it into the side of the cylinder ear-pieces that were attached to his head. The internals there were water proof and would last the chip hundreds of more years to come should he not make it. MATT ditched the repair kit and everything else, except his weapon and ammunition which was packed away in his right pocket. The lightened load would require less effort in his movements and buy him some more time.

"You're not quite what i was expecting." says a voice out of the blue.

MATT spins around and sees a soldier standing behind him. He had no hostile stances and appeared to be observing MATT, but MATT didn't know for how long. The soldiers armor was entirely black with a combat vest and a full faced helmet. The front of the helmet's visor was tinted and the only thing MATT could see were two green dots, representing where his eyes were. He had a sidearm on his left hip and a rifle strapped to his back. His hands hung loosely by his side and didn't show any signs of reaching for his weapons. MATT returns the favor by showing no hostile movement despite being surprised by his sudden appearance.

"Identify yourself." MATT demanded

Kabr looked at the robot curiously. He had never seen his model type before. Perhaps he was on the station when it crashed? Kabr didn't throw caution to the wind however and kept his mind focused on drawing his weapon as quickly as possible without showing it. He couldn't read the body language of a machine but it was best to not take any chances. Kabr decided to give him his name.

"I'm Kabr... What is yours?"

MATT showed know signs of changing his stance and gave some thought to his answer before speaking. He hasn't identified this person as an enemy yet but has no clue as to his intentions. Minimal information would be best.

"I am MATT. A Mechanically Automated Terrain Trooper."

Kabr tilted his head.

"Then you're CTC?" He asked, tilting his head at the center off in the distance.

MATT ignored the question and instead opted to ask one of his own.

"What is your species?"

Kabr stared for a moment before answering.

"Humɐn."

Alarms went off in MATT's mind at the answer. Human? Is that even possible? It has been 700 years so it wasn't out of the question. MATT studied the body shape of the stranger. It matched human height and physiology as far as he could tell. But he hadn't seen him behind the mask yet.

"Remove your helmet if you are what you say you are." MATT demanded.

Kabr was taken aback by the demand and put a hand up near the latch that kept his helmet locked to his head.

"...Why?" He asked curiously.

MATT stared at him intently.

"Because last I checked, humans are extinct. Remove the helmet."

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:47:08 PM by Tayasaurus »

Kabr absorbed what the MATT unit was saying for a moment.

"...I can't. This isn't a very safe environment to be breathing in. And I don't have to listen to you." He said.

MATT stared for a few more moments before turning to leave.

"Don't follow me." MATT warned.

MATT didn't even make it a foot before a tree stump next to him blew up into a shower of splinters. MATT spun around and drew his pistol faster than a flash of lightning. Kabr had drawn his rifle and fired a warning shot. His stance was now aggressive but he wasn't firing any further.

"I need you to stay. I need the capsule you're carrying. Toss it over here or I will shoot you you miserable robot!" Kabr said, unsure if he was doing the right thing.

MATT's tone grew very aggressive and the color of his visor changed to red.

"I can shoot you a hundred different ways in a hundred different areas right now if you go for a second pull of the trigger. You should have placed your warning shot in my back. Throw your weapons over the side of the cliff and this won't end in bloodshed." MATT said angrily.

Kabr didn't back down, and ensured his safety was off a second time. He looked at MATT's weapon. It was an old-style looking revolver in a military green paintjob.  The bore of the gun was large and it looked like it could also just as easily shatter a tree stump. The tip of each bullet was red and appeared to be hollow-points, the kind of bullets that shred internal organs. Kabr looked back to MATT.

"Tough talk! Give me the capsule!" He shouted.

MATT and Kabr heard a loud crash and MAXX stepped out from the brush.

"That won't be necessary."

I'm really digging this design. Although still Humanoid, it is refreshing in comparison to green or blue skinned Human lookalikes.

I'm really digging this design. Although still Humanoid, it is refreshing in comparison to green or blue skinned Human lookalikes.
Thanks! Umbral are a race i've been working on for a few years. :)

MAXX looked taller to MATT since he was standing up on an incline. MAXX stepped down from it and took a step towards Kabr. MATT didn't remove the sites of his gun off of Kabr despite MAXX entering the scene.

"What do you think you're doing? I specifically instructed you to track the capsule, not retrieve it. Also I never told you to threaten anyone." MAXX said with a disappointed tone.

Kabr looked at MATT and his weapon started to shake.

MATT looked at MAXX feeling somewhat intimidated. His size was something to behold and reached into several areas of uncanny valley. Which MAXX would have found funny since they're both machines.

MAXX broke the silence

"I apologize for my subordinate... he likes to act tough when he knows I'm watching and sometimes makes a fool of himself when company is around." MAXX said, snatching the rifle from Kabr's hands. He was right too. Kabr hadn't expressed any aggressive actions until MAXX came close by and exhibited more curiosity in MATT rather than shooting him. He was always trying to please MAXX, and more often than not looked like an idiot trying to do it. Kabr could feel his sister watching nearby in the brush. She was going to mock him when this was over with.

MATT didn't let his guard down and trained his firearm on MAXX. MAXX looked at MATT for the moment then started with some lighthearted chatter.

"Cat got your tongue?" MAXX asked and chuckled awkwardly for a few moments. He regained his composure quickly.

"Sorry it's a figure of speech. Or a simile... or a metaphor. I've been annoying my acquaintances lately. My name is MATC, although i prefer it if people just call me MAXX. A much better adopted name for myself in my opinion. If you're wondering what MATC stands for, i'm afraid i've forgotten... my circuits are a little rusty."

MATT looks at MAXX for a few moments, studying his design. He begins to circle MAXX and Kabr to keep them between him and the cliff.

"I've never seen the likes of your model before. You're clearly based on the CTC frame like me." MATT say's, observing where MAXX's massive hands were at all times.

"I'm a generation 47. We were the last to roll out before humanity became...officially extinct." MAXX replies.

MATT motions his pistol at Kabr. "What is he?" he asked.

"Oh he's very human. More human than the humanity before him." MAXX said proudly with his palms facing out.

"How then? If what you're saying is true. Who is bringing them back?" MATT asked taking a subtle step backward towards the tree line.

MAXX could visualize his own grin if he had a mouth. He took a step closer to MATT.

"I am."

MATT didn't hear SCOPE sneaking up from behind and before he could detect him, SCOPE hit the killswitch with an electric prod on the back of his neck. MATT crumpled to the ground on the incline and dropped the cylinder.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:53:16 PM by Tayasaurus »