Dealing with really bad anxiety

Author Topic: Dealing with really bad anxiety  (Read 1184 times)

Since I'm very aware that a lot of people on this forum deal with anxiety, the main purpose of this topic is to find out how you guys are going about treating it (or not treating it).

I've been dealing with some degree of anxiety for at least the past couple months now, and it's always at its worst when i'm at home. At this point, only hanging out with my best friend and driving my car give me some degree of relief, but I'm getting tired of refilling my gas tank on a near-daily basis and I won't be able to afford doing that once I move out and have to pay rent and bills. I'm at the point where I haven't eaten substantial food since Monday because although I'm getting so hungry that I'm feeling in pain, as soon as I begin eating I start to feel like I'm overstuffed, and I don't make it past the first few bites before feeling the sick overstuffed feeling.

Then today I had a breakdown at work and just started crying in the stockroom and then again in my car on one of my breaks. Only then did I realize how serious it was because it's extremely rare for me to do that.

Do you guys use medication? Therapy? Do you just deal with it and stay quiet about it?

I take medication because I am socially unstable without it. However I can't give too much advice other than therapy or even counseling in some cases, because a lot of stuff that I have tried never really worked.

I generally just stay quiet about it which isn't healthy.

to be honest i beat the loving stuff out of a punching bag for a bit to release stress although since we moved it's not been set up and i'm just coping with it until i find something that works for me

to be honest i beat the loving stuff out of a punching bag for a bit to release stress
I wouldn't recommend this as your primary method of relieving stress as you may become more aggressive in stressful situations, but it is good to do occasionally.

I've had anxiety for a loong time and just have recently gotten help with it.
I've started taking medication for it and it has helped out a lot, though I still sometimes get panicky here and there but not even comparable to prior.
At one point I barely could even get out of the house without having panic attacks.
But I'm sure glad I've talked to my doctor about it and had gotten help for it.

I wouldn't recommend this as your primary method of relieving stress as you may become more aggressive in stressful situations, but it is good to do occasionally.
this makes sense, although i don't have any really bad anxiety issues
it's really just normal over-time buildup

well you could just drug up like everyone else does and join them in forever not being helped by it and you can play the "woe is me" victim card your whole life.

or deal with it, because its normal and happens to everyone as its natural. but being such a pusillanimous individual about it is quite exaggerated to the millennials, as they were taught that they should never feel negative for any reason.

because its normal and happens to everyone as its natural.
Anxiety itself is normal

Having it happen near 24/7 and having mental breakdowns from it, isn't though.

Anxiety itself is normal

no, having it happen like that is what you cause by being weak as forget minded, and allowing it.
you litterally have to "man up" for that stuff and not let stuff ruin you.
that applies to any emotion/feeling.

quit trying to blame your own problems on the void.

well you could just drug up like everyone else does and join them in forever not being helped by it and you can play the "woe is me" victim card your whole life.

or deal with it, because its normal and happens to everyone as its natural. but being such a pusillanimous individual about it is quite exaggerated to the millennials, as they were taught that they should never feel negative for any reason.
except medication is helping with anxiety problems...?????
it's not healthy at all to just sit with loads of stress lol
it doesn't matter whatsoever if you're a "pusillanimous individual" for finding a solution to a problem that if you don't solve it, it'll damage you, others, and your own future

no, having it happen like that is what you cause by being weak as forget minded, and allowing it.
No?

except medication is helping with anxiety problems...?????
it's not healthy at all to just sit with loads of stress lol
it doesn't matter whatsoever if you're a "pusillanimous individual" for finding a solution to a problem that if you don't solve it, it'll damage you, others, and your own future

there is no example of anyone, ever, where all these meds have fixed them.
even the ones on the pills who claim they need it and it helps, still remind you every loving day (similar to op's posting) about how stuffty they feel. so clearly nothing works so long as they play it up.

there has never been a person that came off these meds and been a-ok. lol ever. they simply dont work, and just whore pills for money.

even the ones on the pills who claim they need it and it helps, still remind you every loving day (similar to op's posting) about how stuffty they feel. so clearly nothing works so long as they play it up.
I've had outbursts on a regular basis for 3 years before I started meds. I have gone 3 years without outbursts after the meds. I feel like a million $$$.

Anxiety itself is normal

^^^
Ignoring it isn't good, in my case it just got worse and worse.
I've been trying to get rid of it cause I hate having to take medicine for each day, and having miss just one or two days causes me to get dizzy as forget.

you litterally have to "man up" for that stuff and not let stuff ruin you.
that applies to any emotion/feeling.

quit trying to blame your own problems on the void.
You've obviously had never had any anxiety problems at all.
I used to think like you until one day out of nowhere I had a panic attack.
All I was doing was playing Blockland and talking to some friends and all of a sudden it hit me.
At first I honestly thought I was having a heart attack, and even went to the emergency room.
But it can come from no where at all.

My medicine I take doesn't make me feel stuffty at all, only slight thing is a bit of drowsiness, and that's because I'm supposed to be taking them at night.

there has never been a person that came off these meds and been a-ok. lol ever.
My dad even came off of the exact medicine I take and he's been doing fine ever since.