[Event] onPlayerSpawn

Author Topic: [Event] onPlayerSpawn  (Read 4385 times)

onPlayerSpawn
Version 1

Triggered when a player spawns on a brick or a checkpoint

restricted so that the following events are not triggerable with this input
Brick>fireRelay
Brick>fireRelayUp
Brick>fireRelayDown
Brick>fireRelayNorth
Brick>fireRelayWest
Brick>fireRelayEast
Brick>fireRelaySouth
Player>kill
Player>instantRespawn
Minigame>reset
Minigame>respawnAll

Download

Swololol.com
1kb

Restricting relays is dumb imo.  I use it to trigger VCE checks for security and server management.

I suppose I could use Subs, though...

Restricting relays is dumb imo.  I use it to trigger VCE checks for security and server management.

this is a versatile event that can be used highly abusively with the wrong events, if you want this restriction off just remove lines 46-50
additionally you can do a vce variable check to trigger a relay
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:14:02 PM by Swollow »

Awesome! Nobody had made something like this in years! Thanks Swollow. Hope you don't get a sour neck, otherwise it may be hard to swollow.

Awesome! Nobody had made something like this in years! Thanks Swollow. Hope you don't get a sour neck, otherwise it may be hard to swollow.
this is easily the most forced pun I've ever received on an add-on utryd/10

this is easily the most forced pun I've ever received on an add-on utryd/10
who knows maybe it'll spawn some more in the long run

who knows maybe it'll spawn some more in the long run
man this is quite the event

Restricting relays is dumb imo.  I use it to trigger VCE checks for security and server management.

Then you could use fireRelayNum. But I guess it is recommended for him to block that one as well.

Then you could use fireRelayNum. But I guess it is recommended for him to block that one as well.
anything prefixed with 'fireRelay' is blocked mostly because this event just has major possible abuses, if you want more control and dont have it set up so other people have access to eventing you can just remove the lines

anything prefixed with 'fireRelay' is blocked mostly because this event just has major possible abuses, if you want more control and dont have it set up so other people have access to eventing you can just remove the lines
Touché.

I found a bug.

While trying to test the addon, I set one of my two possible spawns to do an event onPlayerSpawn. When I ended the minigame, the event I made happen to the one spawn when someone spawns there occured on me, even though I ended up spawning at the middle of the world.

The spawns were Slayer team spawns, and the minigame was Slayer. Probably something to do with the minigame trying to spawn me at the other Slayer spawn when I end the minigame. You think you can fix this?

I found a bug.

While trying to test the addon, I set one of my two possible spawns to do an event onPlayerSpawn. When I ended the minigame, the event I made happen to the one spawn when someone spawns there occured on me, even though I ended up spawning at the middle of the world.

The spawns were Slayer team spawns, and the minigame was Slayer. Probably something to do with the minigame trying to spawn me at the other Slayer spawn when I end the minigame. You think you can fix this?
this isn't my fault, you are in fact spawning on the spawn point, so onPlayerSpawn is called, and then being respawned again an instant later