Is there a tutorial on how to make bricks in specifically Blender 2.75+

Author Topic: Is there a tutorial on how to make bricks in specifically Blender 2.75+  (Read 1613 times)

I want to try making bricks again in Blender. I tried one time a longtime ago and it didn't go so well, is there some tutorial to guide me?

You can still use LeetZero's guide, just have to understand what actually is happening. The confusion is only in figuring out what corresponds to what.

You can still use LeetZero's guide, just have to understand what actually is happening. The confusion is only in figuring out what corresponds to what.
link

lol

okay like key things

1) brick bounds requirements are exactly the same. a 1x1f stud is 1x1x0.4 blender units by default.
2) the part where you name meshes col or bounds or whatever is just naming the mesh using outliner or the properties panel.
3) to prevent bugs make sure bounds encompasses the cols. note that you dont have to make cols fit brick grid/scale like bounds does.
4) when exporting obj, just check off the same stuff where applicable and make sure "forward" is the actual forward of the model. by default its Z so if you dont change it you'll likely have a brick rotated to face up or sideways. just use the dropdown menu in the save settings to set the right axis

o ok
talk to  me over pm or stem if you have trouble with your setup. if you want i can send you a .blend of a brick i made, so you can see how its laid out.

i don't know how to do .dts collisions though so i can't really help you in that aspect. thankfully you dont really need it if you're just making bricks/simple door bricks without complex collision (eg non-cuboid).