Author Topic: Blockland Nostalgia  (Read 3237 times)

Hello, I'm Armydude7723, I've been playing Blockland since 2008, when I was 10, and a registered forum member since 2010.

Does anyone have any nostalgia playing this game? When ever I think of the word "nostalgia" the first thing that comes to my head is blockland... Who was here during the early parts of this game? You know when Irk89 had his "Ultimate Challenge" Obstacle course, or when Iban had his City RP, and when well detailed maps with amazing addons from the forum and a RTB system? Remember the maps that Ghost made? the GSF maps? Remember the fun of finding out how to Port forward?

Blockland was a symbol for my youth growing up, I put more hours on blockland growing up then any of the games I played now. There was constant content on Blockland back in the day, I remember 70 player servers and very creative game modes with tons of hours of fun.

Being 18 now, I have to say that I am blessed to have come across a game on my friend from next doors computer that opened me up to one of the decades best computer game in my opinion. I am glad to this day Blockland still has an effect on some people today as it did back when I was growing up in elementary. I have to thank the best communities with the best content creators, Bad Spot for coming up with this quirky but amazing game, the friends I made on blockland over the years, and the people now that keep this game running (Even if the top server is only 8 people.)

Does anyone else have a spill on this?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:14:00 AM by armydude7723 »

The bedroom - Nostalgia

The kitchen - Nostalgia

But blockland is almost dead so there's not really much for me.

oh yeah definitely, not as much as you did but i still have fond memories of playing around with the maps, mostly GSF ones
ehhhh

I miss the kitchen. That will forever be my favorite default map . I remember climbing in the cabinets from outside, or getting in the fridge. Not much people played Kitchen map back in the day though.

oh yeah definitely, not as much as you did but i still have fond memories of playing around with the maps, mostly GSF ones

GSF was a bitch to load into, I remember waiting almost an hour to play the maps. But the GTA maps made for good zombie maps.

I remember loading GSF Vice City for the first time.

It took probably 20-30 minutes just to download all the required files from the server I was joining. Then when I finally got into the server, it was just some boring freebuild where all the admins were AFK.

Needless to say, despite GSF Vice City (and later San Andreas) being cool maps, I never really cared for them, or maps in general, outside an aesthetic reason.

I'm probably one of the only oldcigarettes who supported v21.

We got another one, guys.

Prince Jay's Boss Battles

Eman 2's Dragon rp

you could kill eachother in it and really turned out to be more of an island fortwar/dm with dragons than an rp
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:19:42 PM by SBG »

honytawk's pokemon rp
whenever i try to rp on my server and someone walks up to me and RDM's, it reminds me of honytawk

Long ago, the Blocklanders lived in Peace,
But everything changed when the Kompressor Attacked.

Blockland : The Last Map (Static Maps)

i just miss the days where there were a lot more active people, and just more servers to play

i just miss the days where there were a lot more active people, and just more servers to play
I miss that too...
Also when every server wasn't some generic minigame server.