[Item] Doom-Type Armor Pickups

Author Topic: [Item] Doom-Type Armor Pickups  (Read 10897 times)

Add-on Name: Armor Pickups
Author(s): Phanto (Perry/Path)
Type: Item, Pickup

Description: This add-on adds 3 armor pickup items of varying quality. When picked up, player will acquire an armor level. While a player has armor on, they will take half as much damage as normal, until their armor breaks. While the player's health will damage at a reduced rate, armor will damage at a regular rate. If the player takes 25 damage, the armor will lower it to 12 damage, but the armor will still take 25 damage itself. This is entirely a player-based value, and does not include any type of equipment or mountable image. This add-on functions similar to Doom Armor, and is modeled after it.

The following are prefs that are used with the Armor Pickup add-on (found in server.cs):

• $Pref::ArmorPickup::MaxArmor - The maximum amount of armor a player can hold when obtained by items (default: 200)
  • $Pref::ArmorPickup::DamageMultiplier - Multiplier for the amount of damage a player will take with armor (default: 0.5)

The armor pickup add-on includes a few custom methods and values, which make it easy for users to add their own armor items. The following values are applicable with this mod:

• [ItemData] BOOLEAN isArmorPickup - if true, the item will be considered an armor pickup. otherwise it is considered a regular item
  • [ItemData] NUMBER armorPickupAmount - the amount of armor a player will gain when they obtain the pickup

There are also two Player output events included: setArmorPickupLevel and addArmorPickupLevel, which are pretty self-explanatory.

Images: The following armors are included in this add-on. The green helmet gives a player 50 armor, the blue armor gives the player 100 armor, and the purple armor gives a player 200 armor.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:39:48 PM by Perry »

Side Note: If there are any issues with the download link or the add-on itself, please PM me on this account, giving a detailed explanation of what's wrong. I will fix it whenever I am next available.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:10:41 PM by Perry »

Love doom, you should make the weapons to go with these.

half-life rp go

Gordon Freeman doesn't throw his suit away to replace it with another he finds in the field, silly.

Looks pretty cool, but some small 5-10 point armor pickups would be nice.

they could just use the brick tool model

Maybe a supercharge power up aswell.

I might add this in the next version.

Maybe a supercharge power up aswell.
what is your definition of supercharge? like increased health and damage? faster speed?

what is your definition of supercharge? like increased health and damage? faster speed?

The one from doom, looks like this in original:

Gives player +100 hp, pretty sure it also gives 100 armor but the wiki says otherwise.
But now that you bring up damage might be cool to add all the buffs like berserk, invis, invinc., night vision I think was one?, to last for like 30 seconds.

I could try doing a skull with a negative lod halo in the background

Oh wow you actually released something for once

Nice, looks gud

Oh wow you actually released something for once

Nice, looks gud
yeah thx :(