Author Topic: Player Watch  (Read 1056 times)

I might be jumping to conclusions but I just wanted to make a check.  This guy named swordjojo just logged on a server I was on.  All of the sudden he started building and destroing everyones bricks.  It turned out everyone had full trust with him.  I am just making sure we don't have a problem here such as a hack or something that gives him everybodys full trust.  But he may just be an old friend that changed his name.  I did catch part of his ID the first digits were 18??.  Just checking so if you see him take a look because just when I asked why I had had full trust with him and did I know him he left.  So stay alert (maybe)

Theres no way to hack for full trust I believe. Each player has a trust file that saves who you have trust with, and it checks both files, if both say they have full trust with eachother, it continues. If one says it and the other doesnt it wont.

Is it possible for the host to upload/change that through an add on download? Probably not but maybe the case.

No, it would require the clients consent.

The host cant upload files to the client without a client side add-on which the client would have to download.(to my knowledge, but this is most likely true)

Besides, a hack requiring the host would be impractical because this guy A) wasnt the host and of course B) you would need people to join your server and it eliminates the idea of joining any random server and killing stuff.

Yeah I suppose. Could it be a glitch or something?

Nah, he mustve gotten their trust somehow, no hacks, nothing, just trust requests.

You can never rule out the possibilty that there were few people there and all of them had his trust.

Badspot shud make an ingame karma system, inwhich people would de-karma someone if they spam, delete bricks, etc.

You can't change the level of trust clients have with other clients on a server, but you can change what level is required to do things.

For example, painting bricks usually requires full trust. But a host can edit a pref to make it require a trust of 0 (No trust) to paint bricks, so when someone joins a server you're on and paints all your bricks it may not be that they actually have full trust.