Author Topic: I got braces today  (Read 1261 times)

I never asked for this

Is there anything that I need to be aware of and will eating chocolate forget them up? and I'm in them for 6-9 months

ex-braces wearer here
changing the wire doesnt hurt but its the least fun part cause you THINK its gonna hurt you but its just a stuffload of pressure

oh one thing:
you can eat literally everything they tell you that you cant except for most gums and milk duds

Ohh but can they actually rust? and I don't feel any pain at the moment

Ohh but can they actually rust? and I don't feel any pain at the moment
its surgical steel, so it can not rust

I still have braces atm, the only stuff that sucks is rubber bands. If you have to get them at some point I suggest starting them over a weekend so the initial pain is out of the way, it took 2 to 3ish days for the pain to subside and then they felt normal.

Braces kinda suck when you're eating something that has bread like a burger or hot dog, but I do it anyways and then just go brush my teeth cause I can't stand all that stuff stuck in my teeth. Other than that I eat basically everything like I used to and it's been fine.

Braces kinda suck when you're eating something that has bread like a burger or hot dog, but I do it anyways and then just go brush my teeth cause I can't stand all that stuff stuck in my teeth. Other than that I eat basically everything like I used to and it's been fine.
This is gonna annoy me especially when I'm in school, when I'm in school what can I do to remove the bread from my brace?

This is gonna annoy me especially when I'm in school, when I'm in school what can I do to remove the bread from my brace?
Honestly, either bring a little brush for later, use your tounge to suction or push it out, or just get some water, soda, juice, etc and swish around and hope for the best
I prefer the first option

if you can, get yourself this

saves you a ton of work

only 6-9 months? golly, you sure are lucky

you better brace up hue
because you're gonna be classified as "stereotypical nerd" for atleast 6 months

it's not terrible, 90% of the time the stuff gets unstuck on its own but for me personally I can't stand having it lodged in there for any time at all

a lot of times you'll just push it out with your tongue and then you're good

you better brace up hue

nah

you better brace up hue

Nope not around here, I wear a parka jacket and people keep calling me a roadman XD

if you can, get yourself this

saves you a ton of work
Are they avalabile in the UK?

Honestly, either bring a little brush for later, use your tounge to suction or push it out, or just get some water, soda, juice, etc and swish around and hope for the best
I prefer the first option
We have blazers so I'll go with the first option I just hope the brush doesn't get dirty