Reminder to clean you devices of unneeded photos (w/ free story)

Author Topic: Reminder to clean you devices of unneeded photos (w/ free story)  (Read 1004 times)

Let me tell you a story. Around 2013 or so I got my phone. I was on it looking at the hip memes of the time, saving most of them to my photo app. As I got older, I got ballsier and started saving lewd stuff here and there. I never imagined that keeping up this habit would get me in this pickle. Fast forward to an hour ago. Decided to check to see how much space I have on my phone. Less than a GB. I decided to see what was eating it, and sure enough, all the memes, research, etc. I have saved to my phone for the past three years accumulated 26 GB of space, or about 15,000 photos. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. So what I've been doing for the past hour is cleaning my phone so I can get games / work apps on there.
Not sure who also has this habit but I'm just throwing this out there as a warning / reminder to clean your stuff.

Update: I have been blessed with a GB!!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:26:59 PM by Space1255 »

Rip

I have the same hoarding habit which both effects me IRL and Online, so I know where you're coming from with this

Yeah rn I'm really[/i] pushing the limits of my phone by mass-deleting 500+ photos. Every time I do it I feel it getting warmer.

just factory reset it if it's this bad dude

just factory reset it if it's this bad dude
This is a matter of honor.
Plus I forgot where I got my kickass wallpapers from and if it goofs up (somehow) I have zero method of communication.
Plus now that I tore through some it's getting faster and easier. Plus I got good research i don't wanna lose :^)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:38:58 PM by Space1255 »

if you want to do it faster, you could plug it into your pc and remove everything using your pc instead of the phone

the bad thing about this is the slow loading / transfer rates of the cable

Thing is I have no access to a pc / Mac due to unforeseen circumstances.
Edit: is it just me or did iOS completely ruin autocorrect

Also don't forget to clean the caches on apps. They can take up a lot of space on social media/web browsers

Wait there's no way 15k photos can take up-

Jesus Christ I had over 30000 photos and half of them were screenshots why did I do this
Also don't forget to clean the caches on apps. They can take up a lot of space on social media/web browsers
Will do.

I have over 1k screenshots and a metric stuffload of text notes in various forms (txt, sticky notes, actual memopad)...not to mention thousands of bookmarks across multiple browsers and devices and user accounts.

I never understood why people bother saving their research

[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/014/532/1374796030634.png[/im
Weren't you just banned for posting an arguably dismissive image? Reason I ask is this seems dismissive given the dude's face.
I never understood why people bother saving their research
We, of at least I do, forget where we found it.

I was able to just plug my phone and and delete the stuff off using my computer lol