Author Topic: Shin Godzilla was loving awesome  (Read 706 times)

see it once you're able. bureaucracy is the real monster.

Is it at the stores or in the theatres?

Limited release in select theaters. No idea when it'll come to video, but maybe find you can find it online and then mail a $20 check to toho to make up for it

it looks weird actually
godzilla is so ugly in it. unlike godzilla 2014, where he was the most beautiful monster to walk the earth. I am excited for the sequel(s)

Saw the premier here last night! It was pretty good. Definitely a movie for godzilla fans. Hopefully they keep this series going and we can see some sweet kaiju fights

Closest theater that I can go to is in Detroit and I'm near Flint. forget.

it looks weird actually
godzilla is so ugly in it. unlike godzilla 2014, where he was the most beautiful monster to walk the earth. I am excited for the sequel(s)
take that back. he's a beautiful baby boy.

Hopefully they keep this series going and we can see some sweet kaiju fights
There's going to be another one next year, but I don't know if Hideaki Anno is going to direct another.

Isn't the 2017 film by legendary and not toho

Wiki says it's Toho and Polygon

SPOILERS:
The only gripe I had with the film was how weak they made Godzilla with him "powering down" for 15 days. I thought that was super lame and kind of ruined that entire ending sequence with them getting everything together. I know the whole US was going to nuke Tokyo added pressure and drama to the film but I still feel that should've been done with Godzilla going on his rampage. Maybe add the nuke on top for extra intensity. The CG was straight out of Sonic Adventure 1 in the beginning though which was pretty funny and reminded me that I'm in fact watching a Godzilla film. As for his design, I loved it except for those first phases before he mutates which was crazy silly looking. (My mans had googley eyes what was up with that.) As a classic Godzilla fan, I was looking for more Godzilla and less dialogue but I completely understand as they are starting fresh and need that human point of view to the story. I'd give it a 7/10 overall, if you're a Godzilla fan you will enjoy it for what it is. If not, you'll probably have trouble staying awake like the kid sitting next to me lol

Wiki says it's Toho and Polygon
Oh the anime movie. That stuff seems dank tbh.