Author Topic: considering NOT going to college  (Read 4322 times)

oh and here's this for some specific advantages / disadvantages for both the HS Diploma and a College Degree

http://classroom.synonym.com/college-education-vs-high-school-diploma-1947.html

i'm not willing to put my life on the line for anyone
You don't have to be rooty shooty in the military. You can work on computers at a base there I bet.

Op I would think about taking a technical class a community college, or maybe a business class if you're thinking about going solo and working for yourself.

My friend graduated highschool after taking an autobody class at the local tech school and he got a job right out of highschool working for a collision center at a Chevrolet dealership.

Eventually me and him are supposed to start up our own shop but you never know what the future will hold for you.

You don't have to be rooty shooty in the military. You can work on computers at a base there I bet.
This
The military has more opportunities than just front line combat.

You don't have to be rooty shooty in the military. You can work on computers at a base there I bet.

iirc my uncle (who was in the army) told me that you can be called in the battlezone at any time.

Most colleges IIRC have courses for Information Tech, and Web Design/Enginneering

Also, if you like fixing computers, you should try out for CompTIA+ A+ certification. Its a good way to prove your competency in computer repair. It only focuses on the basics but proves you know what you're doing

i've been considering doing the a+ certification honestly. however, i think computer repair is becoming hard to market nowadays. i really don't want to be stuck doing something i don't want to do

i really don't want to be stuck doing something i don't want to do
Having something higher than just a High School Diploma will help prevent this by a lot

hillkill i've told you many times that you seem pretty irresponsible to me and this only adds on to my thoughts
get some kind of higher education or certification for your interests in computers but don't listen to stereotypes like this
please go to college, dont become that one guy whos asking his friends for money all the time and wears a wife beater shirt.
no seriously you'll be able to get jobs much easier and not have to spend the rest of your life flipping burgers and maybe do something you enjoy instead.
but DO NOT let yourself get into debt because of college. go when you have the money. my mom is 50k in college debt from her useless master's degree and she's gonna be stuck with it until she dies
i was thinking that i wasn't gonna go to college (i still loving hate the education system as it is) but now i'm gonna go into some kind of business or marketing degree because there's so much stuff you can do with it

iirc my uncle (who was in the army) told me that you can be called in the battlezone at any time.
This is very rare and if it would to happen you'd prob win

I just want to add that you don't have to go straight into college after high school, there's nothing wrong with going into the job market and trying things out to find out what you're into. Of course if you do this chances are any scholarships you might get will run out.

Speaking of college I have no absolute forget of what I want to do. I originally wanted to design guns but I'm bad at math (Like really bad) so I am thinking of computer science but im not too sure

You can also take a little break for a year before college, and just apply when you're ready.

I originally wanted to design guns but I'm bad at math (Like really bad) so I am thinking of computer science but im not too sure
how does math have to do anything with designing guns...? I thought computer science has more to do with math lol

how does math have to do anything with designing guns...? I thought computer science has more to do with math lol
math is a big part in designing anything.
Dimensions and stuff

You can also take a little break for a year before college, and just apply when you're ready.
This too, you could always wait to help save up money for college and to get ready over time or socialize and have fun, instead of instantly going into it and killing yourself over stress

how does math have to do anything with designing guns...? I thought computer science has more to do with math lol
Legit everything

forget college but I might go anyways, not sure yet, stuff's expensive af.