[Explosion] Camera Shake + Server-Sided Event

Author Topic: [Explosion] Camera Shake + Server-Sided Event  (Read 3670 times)

Explosion Camera Shake
Description: Explosion data with no knockback, player damage, brick damage, or sound. Set specifically to only shake your camera for effect.
Includes one explosion. Use the explosion slider for a greater/lesser affect.
Credits: Me

Download - Explosion_CamShake.zip

Event Earthquake
Description: A server-wide minigame event that shakes the server to the core. Effects all players within a minigame.
Credits: Pecon, Mr.Noßody
Warning: This event is unrestricted: possible minigame abuse.

Download - Event_Earthquake
Sorry for the recent smalls, Im basically making stuff I need/want and releasing it right after on the off chance somebody could also use it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:36:28 PM by Mr.Noßody »

wasn't there already one like this called impulse explosion (on the rtb forum)

It didn't have a slider like this one, that one only had three different set sizes of impulses.

All explosion data comes with a size slider by default now I believe. In this case, it just amplifies the intensity.

I wasn't aware that a different version existed, but my efforts to get it come up with dead links. The RTB link is dead (unsurprisingly) and it also seems that all RTB backup sites are also broken or unavailable.
I was only familiar with the test1, 2, 3 explosions that came packaged with some other unknown addon. I spent a good while trying to find its source, but came up empty handed.

This would be neat for a server wide earthquake on the Medieval Roleplay.

This would be neat for a server wide earthquake on the Medieval Roleplay.

The radius would not be large enough for server wide.

I think you should rename as server wide impulse

is it really a personalized explosion or does the max scale also affect others?

you may want to include a couple options for longer explosions.

The explosion shouldnt affect other players outside its radius. It is limited, so "server wide" would be a lie.
I can include larger variations.

Edit: I haven't had a chance to test it with other players, but I'm positive I added a max radius to the explosion.cs. I'll have to test this further later today.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:45:24 AM by Mr.Noßody »

I wasn't aware that a different version existed, but my efforts to get it come up with dead links. The RTB link is dead (unsurprisingly) and it also seems that all RTB backup sites are also broken or unavailable.
just for the record I've always been up

http://swololol.com/rtb

just for the record I've always been up

http://swololol.com/rtb

Well damn. Its not linked in the stickied archive.
Thanks for that source.

Edit: Testing the version avaliable on RTB, the strength of the impulse is extremely weak. The range of strength on my version is much larger. Sweet validation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:15:48 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Ive added a server wide minigame event for earthquake effects.

Yeah I made one forever ago but it was for personal use and subtle ambient effects like heavy doors and industrial fans, not for screenjacking the entire server which is what most people seem to need it for

Explosions are datablocks, so you can't really change stuff like radius and intensity outside of just scaling it. An add-on that had an array of explosions for different radii would be useful
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:17:20 PM by Rally »