Author Topic: Where's Re/Chan & Blockland Wiki?  (Read 1940 times)

I've had these two bookmarked but now Blockland Wiki closed and Re/Chan is not up for some reason anymore. Anyone got any answers? I used to contribute to both.

closed blockland wiki because i didn't have the time nor money to run it

closed blockland wiki because i didn't have the time nor money to run it

How much were you paying and did you use GoDaddy?

Well I briefly just asked Eon if he'd be willing to let me rehost it on block.land, but he said no. RIP all the work people put into it, I guess.

Eon, you could have saved the Blockland Wiki. You let that chance go and now we will be forced to look at the vandalized wikias.

wasn't much about the money ($3.45 a month was a pretty good deal, using the webhost for another project now a days) but rather the time, was caught up in too much at the moment and had to start backing out, when i have the interest it'll go back up one day

and no, .cf domains are free

Well I briefly just asked Eon if he'd be willing to let me rehost it on block.land, but he said no. RIP all the work people put into it, I guess.

i will keep the files private for my own use as explained above it will be open sometime someday

Eon, you could have saved the Blockland Wiki. You let that chance go and now we will be forced to look at the vandalized wikias.

explained above

also another reason i won't hand it to pecon is because i don't know him/her nor can i trust them, if i would to share the files ever it would be with a close friend
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:33:47 PM by Eon »

Oh, okay. Thank you for clarifying. Now let's find out the mystery of re/chan.

pretty sure it was a 1 time experiment for the guy

The only purpose of the wiki I could think of helping new add on makers with documentation on torque/importing models.

I'm still waiting for a good guide that isn't kill before it's complete :c

also another reason i won't hand it to pecon is because i don't know him/her nor can i trust them, if i would to share the files ever it would be with a close friend

I don't really see what the issue here is. The wiki is supposed to be a source of public information, I couldn't harm anything you were doing by having the page data that was previously public.

I'm slightly disappointed that you took it down because I personally sat down for almost four hours one morning to finish the Blockland update history article. It's a shame for all the information to just suddenly disappear.

like i said when i have the time and money i will open it once again
this is my choice to keep this to myself as i am going to re-open it and i don't want to argue about this anymore case closed

like i said when i have the time and money i will open it once again
this is my choice to keep this to myself as i am going to re-open it and i don't want to argue about this anymore case closed

thats lame, also a pretty selfish decision too.

pecon you should host BlockDoc, maybe even allow documentation for non-scripting things as well. that'll effectively remove the need of Eon's wiki in the process

thats lame, also a pretty selfish decision too.

pecon you should host BlockDoc, maybe even allow documentation for non-scripting things as well. that'll effectively remove the need of Eon's wiki in the process
how is it selfish when i just said i'd re-open it when i had time
did you bother to read the post

I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you're trying to suggest, but I think you're saying I should expand BlockDoc to non-scripter things?

If so, I'm personally not sure about that. I think there should be a bit of separation between resources for modding and resources for just the game in general. Eon's wiki already had a lot of content for the latter, so it makes more sense to keep that info rather than starting over again. I don't think anyone really wants to rewrite all of that stuff.

Eon, all you have to do is hand it to the most trusted user in this forum and then you can loving stop worrying about 'time or money'.