Support_LegacyDoors Expanded v2 (ghost brick fix)

Author Topic: Support_LegacyDoors Expanded v2 (ghost brick fix)  (Read 8317 times)

This mod acts as a "patch" for the default Support_LegacyDoors add-on by expanding on its features, fixing bugs, and even restoring a few JVS content stuff

If you dont want any of the new features, there's a fix-only version that only has the fix for the ghost bricks.

One big problem I noticed was that ghost bricks have collision of doors like the vault and the manhole. I've fixed this, now the ghost bricks have absolutely no collision, as they use the collisionless versions of the models as it was intended by JVS content. Now players cant cheat by jumping on their ghost bricks, which was a problem in various servers that didn't want you going anywhere but had building enabled with legacy doors, an example of this is in CityRPG servers.

Here are some lovey images of me posing inside a collisionless ghost brick, and on top of a collisioned placed brick. Beautiful.

Sorry ladies, I'm taken. ;^)

Another thing that I felt was an oddity, I have no idea why it was decided to add new sounds for doors using the standard AIM sounds. Now if you set the pref $Pref::Server::LegacyDoorlovepanded::ClassicDoorSounds to true, newly placed legacy doors will use the "classic" sounds. Otherwise, you can still mess with the classic door sounds by using events. The jvs content error sound is also added, if you want to use that for some events.

If you never liked sounds being added when you place legacy doors at all, then set $Pref::Server::LegacyDoorlovepanded::DisableDoorSounds to true. That'll disable those pesky sound events.

Another neat thing I've done is changed the categorization up a bit. Traps will be detected and placed under Legacy Traps. -Kyle's content will also be properly added to the legacy switches subcategory. Damn you -Kyle for using "-Kyle's content" as your subcategories!! He's lucky for only making switches...

I also dug deep and changed some legacy contents' subcategories by checking their uinames. If you don't like it when I check brick ui names, set $Pref::Server::LegacyDoorlovepanded::CheckUiNames to false. That'll teach me, but only if you restart the server.

Here is an image showing these categorization changes. A separate add-on is being used to make the brick icons smaller, which is very much needed as I have every jvs/content add-on I could find in an rtb archive.

In addition to that, if you want to go all JVS-like, you can throw all the legacy content into its own entire tab/category! Set $Pref::Server::LegacyDoorlovepanded::UseOwnCategory to true and all legacy content will be put in a "Legacy Doors" tab. This also requires a server restart.

Here is an image showing that off, I've disabled ui name checking for this image as well so you'd know what it would look like then.

That's it! If you like what you see go ahead and give this a download.
Download Support_LegacyDoorlovepanded. zip v2
Download Fix-Only Version

If you cannot access my website for whatever reason, please check the mirrors below:
View on Blockland Nexus
View on Blockland Glass

Enjoy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:44:21 PM by Crispy_ »

So does this come with JVS doors or not and if not, can someone link me?

So does this come with JVS doors or not and if not, can someone link me?
Nope, it's only an add-on that makes jvs doors work better.

Jump into this amazing archive, it's one of my favorites: http://swololol.com/rtb
Type "JVS" into the search bar, download everything EXCEPT "JVS_Content"
THEN type "Content" into the search bar, download everything there, again, EXCEPT "JVS_Content".

Activate everything you've downloaded, activate support_legacydoorlovepanded, support_legacydoors, support_doors, and you should be good to go.

Even though I've put much work into this, I still recommend you use brick doors for performance reasons. But using legacy doors is better than JVS Content, for sure.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:53:10 PM by Crispy_ »

What is the addon making brick icons smaller?

What is the addon making brick icons smaller?
Here it is: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=254229.0
It's one of my favorite add-ons.

mmm nce
Holy crap nice job posting right as I post. Also thanks.

I also dug deep and changed some legacy contents' subcategories by checking their uinames. If you don't like it when I check brick ui names, set $Pref::Server::LegacyDoorlovepanded::CheckUiNames to false. That'll teach me, but only if you restart the server.
I believe you can enter 'BSD_LoadBricks();' into console after setting that global variable to true / false to reload (only your) brick list.

I believe you can enter 'BSD_LoadBricks();' into console after setting that global variable to true / false to reload (only your) brick list.
Wouldn't that require the brick datablocks to be changed? The pref is only checked at server creation, or rather, when the jvs/content addons tell the server to add the doors.

It gave me boner. I like the Add on