Author Topic: polaroid cameras  (Read 3217 times)

i have one of those colored polaroid cameras that auto-prints out

I'd love to experiment with medium format film, but I don't really see a point in other film formats.
It's still fairly expensive though. Not painfully expensive, but enough that I'd rather just save the money for digital stuff

my mom had a red polaroid that would auto-print. it was my favorite thing as a kid because i loved to watch the film print out and develop but she only used it a couple of times because she didn't want to buy film for it :(

i have a spirit 600, but I need film for it, ive been saying "gotta order those shots off amazon soon" for the past 6 months, never got around to it

polaroid is the only way you can take photos and guarantee the nsa or your local walgreens never sees them lol
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:53:13 PM by warble »

But Polaroid Cameras are for serial killers

I want to try out film, since I never really had a chance to play around with film photography as much a digital photography. Digital photography also is WAY cheaper per shot than film once you have the equipment you want to use, so I can't get away with thousands of meh photos with film.

Oboi

this is my stuff.

Will post pics and my cameras after debate.

Sorry for double posting but I want to keep the thread alive.

Here are my 5 instant cameras. The two up front are Lomography Instant Cameras and the three in the back are Polaroid 600s. I've shot with all of these cameras and they're all really cool.

For all of the people dissing the cost of instant photography, there is a more affordable and reliable option for instant film. Fujifilm is a company that was allowed to develop their own instant film when Polaroid was still making theirs. Now that Polaroid is out of the picture and the replacement company isn't exactly the same as regular Polaroid film, Fujifilm has the best clean film that you can get at a way lower price. While the cameras aren't as cheap as getting a Polaroid at a yard sale for 10 bucks, being able to get 20 shots for 15 bucks is much nicer than 25 for 8 shots with Impossible Film. Plus it develops quickly and isn't sensitive to light unlike Impossible film.

There are two sizes of Fujifilm available (and a new Square kind that should be closer to a regular Polaroid size coming out next year Spring)

I started out shooting with the smaller camera and then eventually bought a wide just to complete my collection. I personally liked shooting with the smaller film at first, but now I can't really turn back with the wide film. I do really like the mini because Fujifilm has many varieties for the borders in Japan which are cool. But the wide is really nice and people really like those more than the tiny credit card sized ones.

While these are both Lomography cameras, Fujifilm does make their own cameras and I would recommend those cameras for beginners since the Lomography cameras are ultra pricey and can be rather intimidating to use with all the settings.

TL;DR: Instant film isn't as pretenious and expensive as it really is. Look at these cute pictures of my dog and my stuffty hobby

polaroid is the only way you can take photos and guarantee the nsa or your local walgreens never sees them lol
well, you can develop normal film yourself, so not really

TL;DR: Instant film isn't as pretenious and expensive as it really is.
This sentence doesn't make sense. Did you mean "...as it seems"?

well, you can develop normal film yourself, so not really
You could also load digital photos into a PC not connected to the Internet
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:50:09 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

i have a 635 cl

the film for these camera are so loving expensive tho
i just bought one of these!! gonna be p fun to use i bet

im looking at a Polaroid supercolor 670 af. the af stands for as forget because its cool as forget
these 2 sentences alone made reading the op worth the time

the 2 pictures i made already. oone was without closeup so its blurry, and in the other i was moving so its blurry. ill get the hang of this sometime. 😊😊

i've been wondering for a while about how you get this aesthetic in your photos because it seems to have dissapeared within the last decade or so. must be newer cameras with better light processing?