Anyone use Windows 7 still?

Poll

Do you use windows 7?

Yes
55 (49.5%)
No
56 (50.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: Anyone use Windows 7 still?  (Read 4036 times)

Well yeah a lot of people do. Like a lot a lot.

A lot of people is still using 7, it's like the new XP after all (by the fact that most people used XP even after 7 years or so)

i have windows 10 like a normal person

Why do people still use Windows 7? I've seen people say it's because microsoft takes your information or something along those lines but I have yet to see a source for this.

Why do people still use Windows 7? I've seen people say it's because microsoft takes your information or something along those lines but I have yet to see a source for this.
There's plenty of privacy issues with Win10, but I've also been staying on win7/8.1 because of game compatibility, stability and general issues with win10. Win7/8.1 is stable and won't suddenly break on you because you had a bad update forced on you, which has happened several times already on win10. It's much more reliable in that sense.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:42:29 PM by Ipquarx »

There's plenty of privacy issues with Win10, but I've also been staying on win7/8.1 because of game compatibility, stability and general issues with win10. Win7/8.1 is stable and won't suddenly break on you because you had a bad update forced on you, which has happened several times already on win10. It's much more reliable in that sense.

disable the update service lol

yeah they collect information. They're not looking at your family photos or anything but that still freaks a lot of people out, I use tools to block all that.

Because I haven't been bothered to update, simple as that. Windows 7 works excellently and in all honesty the idea of needing to go through the upgrade process which might cause drivers and other pieces of software to stop working, and needing to adjust to the changes in Windows 10 just seems like unnecessary effort for the time being.

Having said this, I did upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop to get used to it before upgrading my desktop when support ends or w/e.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:54:24 PM by General »

disable the update service lol
That's not the point I'm trying to make. You can't exactly pick and choose which updates you want to install; there are some ways to hide certain updates but even then you don't have 100% control over which updates you install AND ms is likely to go with the incremental build approach to updating; that is that they'll release "builds" of win10 with all previous updates installed on it instead of service packs like we had with win7 and win10, with future updates relying upon said build.

I prefer it over Windows 8/10 because it doesn't have that stupid metro stuff and it doesn't come with built-in advertisements. It's also much easier to customize, which I enjoy being able to do. Oh, and it's compatible with a lot more things.

i-i still use windows 8.1

I still use Win 7 because of hardware compatibility issues