The Ultimate Blockland Discord - Discord is Closed Forever!

Author Topic: The Ultimate Blockland Discord - Discord is Closed Forever!  (Read 6772 times)

Ultimate Blockland Discord Link:Closed Forever

What is Discord?

Discord is a free online text and voice chat service, very similar to teamspeak, the only difference is you can switch between text chat and voice chats independently of each other. While discord has a website version that does the job, you can also download an application version which has a few more features than the website version. Discord allows you to create different types of member roles, similar to the type of ranking you can do with some minecraft bukkit plugins, which can enable or disable user's abilities if needed. Currently discord servers are free to make and run, although this may change in the future I have no idea if or when that will happen. Discord allows for people to name, create, and give there servers images without jumping through hoops or paying insane amounts of cash to get it going.

Why make another Discord? We already have so many!

The complaints I was hearing about the Blockland Discord servers is that they're were so many bad ones that had no staff dealing with it, no moderators, no admins, not even a helper who could do little things, just the host and the people. With this server I will change that, and that is why, assuming you have come early enough, prior to opening up the server I will be in search of staff to run it. Now I already have the server set up and ready to go, but until I have sufficient staff, the server won't be open to everyone. I'm sorry if you wanted to join right away, but every Blockland Discord that is started without focus and control ends up becoming total madness.

• @host
    • The one with ultimate control.
    • Master Matthew
  • @administrator
    • Administrators have almost all control, but still not quite everything
    • No one yet.
  • @moderator
    • Moderators have the ability to mute and deafen people, as well as kick and ban people!
    • No one yet.
  • @helper
    • Helpers have the ability to mute and kick people, but that's all!
    • SubbyDaWoofer
    • Notorious B.I.G.

Here is the Staff Application format:
Username on Forums:
Username on Discord:
Have you ever been a helper/moderator/admin on any other type of server?:
Can you uphold the rules when you are on?:
How often will you be available on the Discord?:
Why do you want to be staff?:
PM me your applications.

@problems

This is not just a set of problem users, but users who have been set to the @problem status, they can no longer use voice chat, post images, post links, or @people, the only thing they can do is sit, watch and chat in most channels.

No users yet.

The Rules

#1 If it isn't allowed on the forums, it is not allowed here.
#2 Temporary bans come before demotion, but permanent bans come after demotion.
#3 Don't spam voice/text chat ever.
#4 There is a music channel for a reason, use it.
#5 The games channel is for casual talk, don't start using it for CS:GO team chat, no one wants to hear that, and CS:GO has that built in already.
#6 The garbage channel is for garbage people, if you go in there beware, that's where the @problems can still send chat messages!
#7 Try not to mix and match chats too much, this isn't as much of server rule, as it is a rule of thumb, because this can lead to embarrassment.
#8 Don't spam mentions to get attention, if a staff member isn't responding he's probably afk. (Although if he is AFK for longer than an hour you will know.)
#9 I can add and remove any voice or chat channel at anytime.
#10 If you own a thread on the forums, and you want a private chat/voice channel, PM me and we can discuss.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:50:52 PM by Master Matthew² »

The Thread is now Unlocked, I see no reason in keeping it locked, if people aren't allowed to complain here, they will complain elsewhere, so it's really just pointless. Either way I didn't make this to just thrust a Discord upon people with the millions out there, I did this to make it different then the rest, it isn't open yet so we don't have a cluster forget. This one is also meant for people to be able to join whenever, and not just as a random night discord thread that will die in two days.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:59:13 PM by Master Matthew² »

WE HAVE AT LEAST A MILLION DISCORDS WHY DO WE NEED MORE

i actually do like how simple this discord seems, i hope it turns out well for you

i'm running out of appendages to count how many of these there are now
i'm down to my right foot

WE HAVE AT LEAST A MILLION DISCORDS WHY DO WE NEED MORE

i actually do like how simple this discord seems, i hope it turns out well for you

Well we have a lot, but quantity didn't appear to be the issue, but quality.
People open like 2 discords a night, but no one ever seems to just make a proper discord with staff, its just some halfassed mess with the only one in control being the host.

This one will not be like the others.

People open like 2 discords a night, but no one ever seems to just make a proper discord with staff, its just some halfassed mess with the only one in control being the host.

from darth's discord

from darth's discord
"Sugar - Admin"

Dammit and you almost had a point there, but there needs to be some quality control, not to bash on sugar, but I don't think she should be handling that kind of power

i wonder if nick's discord is still around. that was a good one
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:29:33 AM by Ravencroft· »

another chatroom full of screaming kids like the last one(aquarium or whatever).

i wonder if nick's discord is still around. he knew how to run one.

Number 1: The Chat isn't Open yet.
Number 2: The Rules are subject to change.

wow op must either be really confident or smelling his own ass

Oh, someone's trying to fix an issue?

LOL ANOTHER handicapped THREAD IN THE BIN.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:10:43 AM by Master Matthew² »

"Sugar - Admin"

Dammit and you almost had a point there, but there needs to be some quality control, not to bash on sugar, but I don't think she should be handling that kind of power

lmao just because sugar has dyslexia doesn't mean she knows how to administrate. she isn't abusive.

Oh, someone's trying to fix an issue?

LOL ANOTHER handicapped THREAD IN THE BIN.

i saw that ninja edit

-snip-
wow op must either be really confident or smelling his own ass
Do you realise how loving dismissive this stuff is.
Saying "oh another under the same category, must be stuff" tells me you looked at the title, and posted without reading the OP.
CONGRATULATIONS: You're no better than than the average youtube commenter.