The Ultimate Blockland Discord - Discord is Closed Forever!

Author Topic: The Ultimate Blockland Discord - Discord is Closed Forever!  (Read 6773 times)

Alright I have a Music Bot up!

you know it's ultimate when bedpost is staff

I'll make sure that Eon doesn't spam up this chat with disgusting research.

you know it's ultimate when bedpost is staff
everyone who applies gets trial staff for a week or until I deem them a danger whichever comes first.
Some people can be denied application if I determine them to be a liability.

Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe you just aren't invited to any quality discords? I would say The Glory Hole is doing pretty well and it doesn't even need to be administrated since it's a good group of people who know what is and isn't acceptable in a casual friendly discord. I don't even really consider myself admin in it and i'm the creator lmao

The reason all of these public discords fail is they  1. Attempt to create a free and open place of discussion that encourages people to come and chat. However as with most online communities this one has a lot of spastic youngsters that think spewing trash memes and bad jokes is funny so you have to apply a strict set of rules which completely removes the original point of being a casual easygoing place. 2. Or they formed by a group of buddies who turn the discord into a circle jerk for themselves and obviously no one wants to join that

I just think my discord is dope and i love everyone in it and we're still accepting people just PM me :D
I think we have 43 or so ppl rn
i wonder if nick's discord is still around. that was a good one
It is!
I kicked you because i didn't know what name you used lol i'll fix that later when i'm not stoned

BTW How I run the discord is if someone wants to join i ask the group and they all vote
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:04:32 AM by Nickpb 4.0 »

Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe you just aren't invited to any quality discords? I would say The Glory Hole is doing pretty well and it doesn't even need to be administrated since it's all a good group of people who know what is and isn't acceptable in a casual friendly discord. I don't even really consider myself admin in it and i'm the creator lmao

The reason all of these public discords fail is they  1. Attempt to create a free and open place of discussion that encourages people to come and chat. However as with most online communities this one has a lot of spastic youngsters that think spewing trash memes and bad jokes is funny so you have to apply a strict set of rules which completely removes the original point of being a casual easygoing place. 2. Or they formed by a group of buddies who turn the discord into a circle jerk for themselves and obviously no one wants to join that

I just think my discord is dope and i love everyone in it and we're still accepting people just PM me :D
I think we have 43 or so ppl rnIt is!
I kicked you because i didn't know what name you used lol i'll fix that later when i'm not stoned

BTW How I run the discord is if someone wants to join i ask the group and they all vote

IDGAF about memes,
I just don't people screeching in my god damn ear, and since you brought it up, I wanted to make a quality discord everyone can join, not just a select few.

You nitpicked that whole post so poorly

So your "Ultimate Blockland Discord" (creative name) is supposed to be the new big discord correct? So why do you have someone who is extremely well known for spamming discords and being a general annoyance as a mod? Are you stupid or are you E dating him? Please explain to me how you expect this discord to work. It's doomed from the get go at this point

You nitpicked that whole post so poorly

So your "Ultimate Blockland Discord" (creative name) is supposed to be the new big discord correct? So why do you have someone who is extremely well known for spamming discords and being a general annoyance as a mod? Are you stupid or are you E dating him? Please explain to me how you expect this discord to work. It's doomed from the get go at this point
Helpers are not mods, and they are the temporary position, if any of my staff start abusing power then they will lose it immediately. Helpers can't ban people or do any real damage, that's why I start new applicants off with that, If I'm not around and they do something then post it, evidence is evidence and I will deal based off of what is given to me. By giving people a chance, those who don't deserve it will reveal themselves and I can put the lid on it quick.

So let me get this straight all someone has to do to kick and mute other people here is say "Ey yo i wanna try and help"
What the stuff? I don't see how you can think you're running a good system here

So let me get this straight all someone has to do to kick and mute other people here is say "Ey yo i wanna try and help"
What the stuff? I don't see how you can think you're running a good system here
Well this will let me sift through the problems, the light of day is the best disinfectant.

*shrug* I wish you luck dude

CONGRATULATIONS: You're no better than than the average youtube commenter.
a youtube commenter usually doesnt lack braincells to open another discord when we have too many already

Oh, someone's trying to fix an issue?

LOL ANOTHER handicapped THREAD IN THE BIN.

i mean you're trying to fix a problem that isn't there

Oh, someone's trying to fix an issue?

LOL ANOTHER handicapped THREAD IN THE BIN.

ok remind me tho what's the issue and why are you trying to solve it by ego tripping with another discord

also those rules are absolutely handicapped. you're basically trying to run another blockland forums here on the 500th blockland discord.
#5 The games channel is for casual talk, don't start using it for CS:GO team chat, no one wants to hear that, and CS:GO has that built in already.
??? what else a games voice channel is gonna be used for? limitting it specifically to talk about games and upcoming ones but not DURING games makes it incredibly useless.

#6 The garbage channel is for garbage people, if you go in there beware, that's where the @problems can still send chat messages!
not only is not banning the "@problems" a dumb move, it's also pretty loving demeaning and more than likely to start drama

#7 Try not to mix and match chats too much, this isn't as much of server rule, as it is a rule of thumb, because this can lead to embarrassment.
what? do you mean keep one discussion going at one time? I barely understand this rule

#10 If you own a thread on the forums, and you want a private chat/voice channel, PM me and we can discuss.
pretty much trying to run blf 2 with this stuff.

forget this handicapped POS discord, this sounds like the most unejoyable stuff ever
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:56:57 AM by Maxwell. »