Tactical Nuke's Weapons Thread

Author Topic: Tactical Nuke's Weapons Thread  (Read 3497 times)

Drew them on lined paper (ewww), scanned them in, turned up contrast. Lookin' good, thought I'd share with you guys.

Here is the complete set:

This is the Stärkebarde, a magical halberd that is wielded by only the strongest of fighters.
A typical halberd length is 5'-6'. This axe reaches twice that long and has and axe blade about 3' long to boot. In addition, it has two spear points at each end of the halberd and three scythe blades on the back for gratuitous stabbing/impalement:

This katana doesn't have a name yet.
Contrary to traditional katanas, it has its menuki hanging from the butt of the sword. The blade is known to be associated with the wind and will exaggerate air flow with each swing, essentially creating wind storms or non-lethal swings at the enemy that don't hit them, but that will blow them back:

Likewise, this blade has no name yet, and is WIP.
A favorable name for this weapon would be the axe-blade, as it has the form of a sword but the chopping power of an axe. Light and extremely versatile, this weapon is usually used in pairs and can be accentuated with fire/fire powers:

This weapon isn't as much magical as it is versatile and practical.
This unnamed blade transforms from a one-handed sword into a short lance by twisting the pommel counter-clockwise and pulling the extended hilt out. From there, range increases significantly. The changing shape of this blade allows it to be used pretty much anywhere at any range:

Now for some makeshift firearms. Think slightly apocalyptic.

Here is a sawn-off Chiappa Triple Threat 12-gauge shotgun, with a stufftily-welded-on iron sight and marked on the barrels with tallied kills:

Here is what I call the "poor man's sniper".
It's an old, bolt-action hunting rifle with two lenses welded onto the top to compensate for a scope, a rack on the side for extra bullets, and a kitchen-knife bayonet. The whole thing is held together by stuff craftsmanship:

Here we have a TEC-9 automatic pistol with a literal soda-can suppressor:

This gun contrasts all the other guns in that it's actually loving beautiful, despite it being the end times.
This gun is an M1 Thompson sub-machine gun crafted for a royal envoy (don't ask me why). The gun comes with modified iron sights with a lens for magnification, etched work in the body of the gun, a full stock with etching, a strap for over the shoulder, an extended barrel with a banner and a legitimate WW1-style bayonet. Personally my favorite:

So yeah. Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome. Rate x/10 if you really, really want to (I mean really, really, really, really, really want to).

/discuss
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:20:29 PM by Tactical Nuke »

Half the knife is behind the barrel

good catch

the way it's constructed the second lens is connected to the bayonet by the same connector that connects it to the barrel
because of the conditions it was made under it would be a lot more work to sand off the iron sights and put the lens at the front and even then you have the possibility of welding the barrel shut accidentally

it's a sniper rifle so it's not a big issue plus it's still a plenty effective bayonet with just half available to slice/stab

Nice weapons! That one sword next to the lance looks like a Brave Sword from fire emblem kinda.

can i just point out how useless an ~11 foot halberd with a ~3 feet wide axe would be
you'd need to stand 8 feet away bare minimum to hit someone with the blade, otherwise you'd just be using an overly long pole with a weight at the end
unless you're a god dang giant it'll be constantly dragging across the ground (even if its magically enchanted)

the guns are real cool though i like them

can i just point out how useless an ~11 foot halberd with a ~3 feet wide axe would be
you'd need to stand 8 feet away bare minimum to hit someone with the blade, otherwise you'd just be using an overly long pole with a weight at the end
unless you're a god dang giant it'll be constantly dragging across the ground (even if its magically enchanted)

the guns are real cool though i like them

don't forget you have the spear point on the end
so you could leg sweep them with the pole and stab them with the spear on the end

soooooo..... the katana is basically yasuo??

soooooo..... the katana is basically yasuo??

didn't know who yasuo is at the time I drew it but if he has wind powers I guess you could say so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkM20LgOdKQ

well then yeah

I didn't rip the idea from yasuo but I figured something like a wind katana already existed so I just drew my version of it

ye lol just saying it uncannily lines up with yasuo's character design

good artwork overall though

Got more weapons. Some of these are a little blurry on a few of the edges; that's the scanner, not me.

Here was an interesting process for me: I decided to design my own sword, but I had no idea how to start. What I ended up doing was grabbing photos of swords off of the internet that I liked. I then drew these swords, combined one and another together until I had one sword, and worked off of that. The idea also sprung into a sword that grew more powerful over time, like the Master Sword in Wind Waker. In total, I drew 30 swords, with six of them being the finalized concept.

I soon arrived at the final concept. The sword doesn't have a name, but it has a life motif; the symbol engraved in its blade is the Spiral of Life. The sword grows with its owner, going from a rusted, broken piece of stuff to a very powerful and elegant blade as the user matures. When the sword reaches its ultimate form, the blade grows a spiraling pattern and starts radiating energy in such a way as to look on fire.

These changes are not just cosmetic, though. The spiraled blade gains a new function; it can spin at high speed. This allows for devastating stabs; the user can either punch through armor and shields by using the warping of the blade to thrust with maximum velocity, or, once stuck in the target, the blade can spin to eviscerate the inside.

I don't have a drawing of what happens to humans when the latter technique happens; imagine this guy has a sword stuck in him and you've got a good idea:

Comments and criticisms appreciated. Rate x/10 if you want, it helps me improve.

/discuss
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 12:30:17 AM by Tactical Nuke »

if you want to improve
make a tactical nuke

So what's the ultimate form after the penultimate form?