I'm glad I didn't get arrested last night

Author Topic: I'm glad I didn't get arrested last night  (Read 1241 times)

So as a little bit of backstory, Hardee's where I work was getting a new operating system installed for the computers and register terminals, so we had a practice register to play with and the "tech guy" (I literally address him as "tech guy", although his name is Ben) was in and out of the store all day. I went in there on my lunch break from Walgreens and Tech Guy arrived while I was there to work on some stuff.

After work, I waited for my best friend/girlfriend/not sure what to call her in the parking lot and he pulled up next to my car, we exchanged a few words, and then he left again. The usually 24/7 restaurant was due to close down completely at 8pm so that Tech Guy could fully transition the computers overnight, so after my friend and I got back from Walmart around 8:45 to pick up my car, the parking lot was pitch black and most of my co-workers were still there. Tech Guy was standing among them, so we went over, said hi, and then remembered we needed to buy one of my co-workers a birthday present so my friend and I got in my car and left again. We returned around 10:30 and Tech Guy's car was still there.

Jumping to conclusions, we thought that he was probably off having love with one or more of the more "hoe" coworkers who had been there earlier, so we were just going to get my friend's car and depart to our corresponding areas of residence. While we were doing our long, drawn-out, goodbyes, I see a light in the corner of my eye and look towards the dark building. I see a hooded figure stooped down by the side door doing something to the lock, and I just say casually, "Well I sure hope that's Tech Guy." I open my door and get out and I'm like, "Hey Tech Guy, is that you?" He confirms his identity so both my friend and I leave my car with engine running and lights on to go see what he's doing.

He apparently managed to get all the registers converted to the new OS and was trying to leave, but he didn't appear to have the right set of keys to lock the building for the night, so my friend and I decided to help him troubleshoot. My friend opened the door and ran into the building, locked the door he was attempting to lock, and then decided to try to exit through one of the two customer doors. Unfortunately, those locks are capped and unable to be locked from the outside. She ran back to the side door and we tried to use a credit card to knock the latch into place, but the latch is in bad condition and doesn't work very well in the first place.

I look back and notice a police car sitting in the turn lane right next to us, with my car's headlights shining directly on the side of his car, but he wasn't able to reach our area without driving down the road, hitting another turn lane, going around a loop outside of his jurisdiction, and then getting into the parking lot. Still, I knew we couldn't be seen as three hooded figures fiddling with locks on the front highway side of a closed building.

As a last resort, I had my friend lock the broken door latch, open the drive thru window, and then I picked her up and pulled her out of the drive thru window, which we were then successfully able to latch with the use of a credit card. Probably didn't look suspicious at all. Was fun having an adventure with Tech Guy.

oh ok im reporting you to the local authorities for property damage

your grandkids will love your stories dude

Quote from: The Resonte!
is your life a sitcom

Maybe if you weren't such a cop magnet then you wouldn't have close encounters with them.

ITS THE FUZZ THEYRE LOOKIN FOR YOU

Maybe if you weren't such a cop magnet then you wouldn't have close encounters with them.
Forreal. You can smoke a joint while driving and no one would look twice, but XR-7 would probably get pulled over as soon as he flicks the lighter.

Forreal. You can smoke a joint while driving and no one would look twice, but XR-7 would probably get pulled over as soon as he flicks the lighter.

Is this a challenge?

Tbh I've done some pretty.....can't really think of a good adjective...things while driving that were witnessed by other people and as far as I know, the cops have never been called and no vigilantes have tried to stop me.

Yet. Not saying I shouldn't watch it.

loveual

I mean...

Not just that. I've done other things too.

Your headlights probably helped obstruct his vision so you dodged a bullet there.

why do you always have so many weird stories

why do you put yourself in these situations

become a cop so you can keep an eye on them