Acne management

Author Topic: Acne management  (Read 1976 times)

I still suffer from acne and I am just wondering if you guys have any proven methods of acne control. I've done my fair share of research but now I want to know what helps you.

more soap, more scrubbing, and change out your pillowcases

Whatever you do, don't use proactiv. It makes acne worse.

I don't have acne and I don't do anything to prevent it

Maye just don't rub grease on your face

If it's really bad, you can use accutane. It cures acne permanently something like 80% of the time, and 95% of people show significant improvement. It's got a lot of stuffty side effects while you're using it though.

I don't have acne and I don't do anything to prevent it

Maye just don't rub grease on your face
This isn't how formation of acne works.

If it's really bad, you can use accutane. It cures acne permanently something like 80% of the time, and 95% of people show significant improvement. It's got a lot of stuffty side effects while you're using it though.
It's not terrible, but it's enough to become irritating my get in the way of my good looks. ;^)

I still deal with acne, but the majority of mine is on my neck, shoulders, and back and it doesn't respond to treatment so far.

I have had a clear and acne-free face since I was like 14 and all I use to wash my face is water. Any type of soap or product for aiding with acne is a gimmick and ripoff in my opinion.

Rinse your face off with hot water for a few minutes, then wipe it down with a hand towel. After that, repeat the same process with cold water to close your pores back up and then you're good to go. I normally try to wash my face at least 3 times a day.

exercise regularly, manage stress better, don't touch your face

Every acne cream ever for the last 30 years is benzoperoxide or however you spell that. And it works.
But people think they are all different lol

I have had a clear and acne-free face since I was like 14 and all I use to wash my face is water. Any type of soap or product for aiding with acne is a gimmick and ripoff in my opinion.

Rinse your face off with hot water for a few minutes, then wipe it down with a hand towel. After that, repeat the same process with cold water to close your pores back up and then you're good to go. I normally try to wash my face at least 3 times a day.
Assuming you have normal skin this will work

If you have oily or dry skin i recommend a light facial cleanser to use in the shower daily. Personally I buy special facewash that helps raise my beard hairs off my face so when i shave my cheeks after the shower it's easier/closer. Anyways a light cleanser will work wonders if you find just hot water doesn't help. Also wash your blanket/sheets and pillow cases often. I know I forgot sometimes

Been acne free since I was 15

oh yeah I get acne on my legs sometimes
just pop them and wash them

Assuming you have normal skin this will work

If you have oily or dry skin i recommend a light facial cleanser to use in the shower daily. Personally I buy special facewash that helps raise my beard hairs off my face so when i shave my cheeks after the shower it's easier/closer. Anyways a light cleanser will work wonders if you find just hot water doesn't help. Also wash your blanket/sheets and pillow cases often. I know I forgot sometimes

Been acne free since I was 15
I have a pretty oily face actually. I tend to wash it on a pretty frequent basis because of that. Feels gross
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:07:47 AM by Ravencroft· »

Scrubbing is a terrible idea. All that will do is irritate your skin even more and make it more susceptible to dirt and other stuff getting into your pores. On top of that it will also cause bleeding and eventual scarring in areas already affected by acne.