Chris Hemsworth is apologizing for dressing up as an Indian

Author Topic: Chris Hemsworth is apologizing for dressing up as an Indian  (Read 2093 times)

you looking for that obligatory PC halloween costume story that is due to arrive every year?

you got it

Quote from: Sources
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-hemsworth-perfectly-called-himself-out-on-cultural-appropriation_us_58134cfee4b064e1b4b1ab68

http://www.avclub.com/article/chris-hemsworth-does-some-soul-searching-apologize-245037

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-chris-hemsworth-protests-dakota-1477679688-htmlstory.html

Quote from: Chris Hemsworth
I would also like to take this opportunity to raise something that has been bothering me for sometime. Last New Year's Eve I was at a "Lone Ranger" themed party where some of us, myself included, wore the traditional dress of First Nations people. I was stupidly unaware of the offence this may have caused and the sensitivity around this issue. I sincerely and unreservedly apologise to all First Nations people for this thoughtless action. I now appreciate that there is a great need for a deeper understanding of the complex and extensive issues facing indigenous communities. I hope that in highlighting my own ignorance I can help in some small way.

forgetin' /discuss

Dot or feather?
yeah I know I could look at the articles but forget you mom I'm being edgy

People are so loving sensitive nowadays jesus christ

Tumblr and buzzfeed is killing america

Dot or feather?
yeah I know I could look at the articles but forget you mom I'm being edgy
reds or browns

I always liked how my uni put up posters asking us not to dress up as native american indians in case we offended anyone. Because there are a lot of Navajo attending small Welsh universities.

Chris Hemsworth should apologise for appearing in that awful Ghostbusters reboot.

Political Correctness sucks.

some white girl got sent home from school for wearing braids

I love how it's still politically correct to wear lovey priestess costumes

Alcoholism or street stuffting?
Guilt trippers or Dell tech service?

to be fair, boxbraids do look like absolute stuff on white girls

braiding or locking should be banned for anyone who doesn't have naturally Afro-textured hair. I see white women trying this all the time and it looks so horrible. Idec about cultural appropriation just make your hair not look like a bundle of twigs and fur please

If you need an example google "white women with dreads" and try to go ten seconds without cringing
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:50:43 PM by Perry »

braiding or locking should be banned for anyone who doesn't have naturally Afro-textured hair. I see white women trying this all the time and it looks so horrible. Idec about cultural appropriation just make your hair not look like a bundle of twigs and fur please

If you need an example google "white women with dreads" and try to go ten seconds without cringing

do you ever not get triggered by white people